Buycut At The Bridge 2 Years Today

Guest Heehoo

What can I say other than I miss him. He was such a hoot at dinner time & at bedtime. When I would open the container for dinner, he'd stand & get a snack. Just as I was finished, I'd say Big Bite & he'd get a mouthful of food, then back up & wait for his dinner.

At bedtime, I had to literally race him to the bed. He always slept in the middle. And on Sundays when I'd do laundry, when I put warm sheets & blankets on the bed. He would jump on the bed before I was finished to snuggle in the warmth of the covers....he'd always let out this loud moan.

I got him from the adoption kennel after he'd been found on the interstate about 80 miles south of Memphis. His owners had called early in June that they were bringing him back, but never showed up. Then we got a call from someone who had found him. The director met the lady half way & got BuyCut...then called me & asked if I could keep him "under cover" to see if anyone reported him missing. In the meantime, he had a high level of heartworms.

We did the treatments for 4 months & then he came up "negative" and he never looked back. Of course he had me hooked on him the minute I met him. He had such a warmth about him, an old soul, loving eyes that twinkled & I just couldn't understand why someone would be so mean to just dump him.

The night he died, he just walked outside & laid down in the grass & went to sleep. I was on the phone with the vet leaving a message. When I followed him outside, and found he had died. It all happened in a matter of minutes, in the dark, cool night.

He was quietly buried that evening next to Dear & Pegasus overlooking the lake under the trees.

I miss him very much. beatinghearts.gif

Edited by Heehoo

I didn't meet him, but I miss him too--the great pics, the twinkle.

:beatheart BuyCut :beatheart

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Aside from the heartworms, he was never sick. Then one Thursday evening I came home & he was limping horribly. Sometimes putting weight on his leg & sometimes not. Sometimes whimpering, sometimes not. And we all know what we think of when we see them limp. So the next day I took a 1/2 day off & took him to the vet. Xrays showed nothing. What a relief. He got a laser treatment & some meds & we went home. The rest of the weekend, he laid on the couch, never showing any relief. Never getting better.

On Sunday evening just as I called them in the kitchen for dinner, he yelped, then jumped down from the couch & walked, not limped, into the kitchen where he took his place at the container to snack. He got a big bite of food, then suddenly gasped for air & spit the food out. He wasn't choking but he kept gasping. I went for the phone & he went out the back door. It was over that quick. He was only 10 1/2. My vet said from what I described, it sounded like he had a blood clot in his leg although it didn't show on the xrays, and it evidently came loose & went to his heart.

Edited by Heehoo

Deer Uncle BuyCut,

My mom sez you are my uncle who I never got to meet. She sez you wood of showed me how to be a gentlemun all the time and how to twinkull so nobody could resist.

She sez now you are playing in the stars making "brindle trouble" with somebody named Batman who I never got to meet eether.

AND she sez one day we will go see your momma Hilda and I am to save extra speshul nose bumps for her because you guys are family. So I will.

Rest in Peace.

Love,

Joseph

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Aww Joseph...I always thought it was funny that your mommy would've have flown with her own angel wings if I had told her she could have BuyCut. She loved that boy so much it hurt. Then one day...I noticed your blood line & durn if I didn't see that you are a real live nephew of BuyCut. Your doggie momma & BuyCut were littermates. I couldn't believe it. Your doggie momma & BuyCut have the same doggie momma Bed Pan and the same doggie daddymayun Bara Buzz. Your doggie momma was the G puppy, and BuyCut was the C puppy. I thought how much closer can your human momma get to having her very own BuyCut.

Your human mommy had some favorite pictures of BuyCut also. Here they are:

First you turn this way....

2bed.jpg

1bed.jpg

then you turn this way...

3bed.jpg4bed.jpg

Eventually you have a hot flash & end up like this:

d905664e.jpg

But on Sunday evenings when the momma gets the laundry out of the dryer & its all snuggly warm, then you get like this:

newsheets.jpgbuycut1110.jpg

Your human momma liked this one too, Where's the kitty. BuyCut & Holly had a special relationship...he didn't like cats when I got him. But he learned from Holly that they can agree to disagree, just don't let anyone see them liking each other.

whereisthatkitty.jpg

apinkblanket.jpg

This is one of those hounds that eventually you can think about him & not cry so much. He was always so funny and when he didn't get his way sometimes, he'd squeal, then those big ole eyes would just twinkle. I miss him hogging the bed at night. :beatheart

Edited by Heehoo

Funny thing about those pictures, Hilda. Right now they're all blurry.

BuyCut :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Buycut, forever loved and remembered.

Hilda, :grouphug thinking of you today.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Those photos should have been posted with a tissue warning. Forever remembered, forever loved.beatinghearts.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

OOpsie...I forget sometimes to add a 2nd line. Plus I know its sad when we lose them, but Cutter was one of those that didn't like to see me crying. The morning Pegasus died, Cutter was laying on my bed & watching me. When Pegasus took his last breath, I just bawled. Cutter jumped down off the bed & started his running around & squealing thing. Then he'd poke me in the face with his nose, like he was trying to make me laugh. He was very comical....

I tried for years to tell him he was not a little dog, and for a skinny dog, he was hard as a rock. He's the one who gave me the black eye. OH I should post that one. I'll have to do that when I get home.

But I will.

I didn't remember he was the one who gave you the black eye. Silly booger.