Prayers Needed For Karen And Her Little Girl, Penny

Guest Energy11

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Alexa's osteo mets to her spine and I will always remember her cries of pain. I let her go to the Bridge within 12 hours of that first scream.

My heart goes out to Karen and her Penny. :grouphug

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Oh, poor Penny :cry1 And Karen :(

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of good thoughts their way... :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Energy11

Hi all! I haven't heard from Karen today.

I will leave it to her to call me, when she feels she can. Based on what she was describing last night, I am pretty sure she sent Penny to The Bridge, today. I mean, she couldn't even kiss her pretty Penny on the head :-( I can just IMAGINE her and Penny's pain!

Karen has an amazing daughter, Amy, and they are VERY close! I KNOW that Amy is taking care of her Mom, and sister, Penny, as well!

I will keep you all posted, if and when I hear something! Karen is a good friend. I am BLESSED to have MANY good friends, 99% of all ... are "greyhound friends!" WE ARE TRULY A CLOSE-KNIT FAMILY!

Thanks for your continuing prayers for Penny, Karen and Amy! Love you!! Dee

grouphug.gif for Karen and Amy.

candle.gif for Penny

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Hello again. I don't know how to update, so I will do this.

I will copy and paste an email from Karen below. Penny is still with her, and she is looking for a second opinion from a good vet in the Winston-Salem, NC area. If you know of any, please PM me, and I will forward to Karen. Your strength and prayers must be working! :-) Love you all! Dee

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. Will keep you updated. Penny is just a little better today. I think the Piroxicam (anti-inflammatory) seems to be taking the edge off of the pain.. I will be picking up some Tramadol (pain reliever) today. I plan on getting a 2nd opinion before I do anything else. The vet says it "looks like" a tumor. He won't say "she has a tumor". This disturbs me a bit now that I have had my big meltdown and have had a chance to think about what he said. Penny does have old fractures in that area of her neck, and I am sure she has arthritis. I looked at the x-ray with Dr. Vernon, but I could not distinguish what he was seeing.Thank you all for your love and support in this very difficult time. Penny has such character. She truly thinks she is human. She's sassy and teases me when we go out to play. She knows all of her toys by name. She can speak, down on hand command only, and sit beautifully. She eats whatever I am eating, even if it's just bread like toast, she wants a little of it too! She loves fruit and when I get an apple or pear or whatever, it had better be big enough for both of us :) At night, she gets on the bed and waits until I get settled, then she snuggles up really, really close to me. She has not done any of the things that I described above, in the last 3 days. I have held her tiny little face in my hands a million times in the last 12 years, and I can't do that right now and it is killing me (and her too). She also comes close in front of me to get a hug when she is well. Can't do that now either. It's like I suddenly have a different grey. Just this morning, she is looking around a little and responds with her eyes when I talk to her. I can see the difference, but don't know right where we go from here. This is so unexpected and I have only seen this progression one other time. I lost my Evan in 2000 to OS. He was diagnosed on a Friday and gone the next Wednesday morning.Will keep you all posted. Love and (((greyhound hugs)))Karen

P.S. I am suggesting she send that x-ray to Dr. Couto ASAP. Dee

Sending my prayers for sweet Penny and her Mommy too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Energy11

I will keep you all posted about Karen and her precious Penny! Thank you soooooooooooo much for all your good thoughts and prayers! TRULY, I think they are working! Love ya! Dee

candle.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead