Biggggg Booboo

Guest dobiegrey

Guest dobiegrey

Hi Everyone,

Just askin' for prayers for my Beautiful Betty girl, this morning she and Jack were out in the yard running up and down "playing" with the dogs on the other side of the fence and the play got a little too excited and Betty got hurt, the vet says it doesn't look like a bite from Jack but that maybe he used his paws in excitement and his nail got caught and ripped her flank open!!! I stayed with her the whole time because I was scared to death about her being put under but she did fine with that but it is now all inflammed and seems to hurt BAD so I took her back to the vet and they have given her some Tramadol and I have to put ice on it every several hours (if she will tolerate it) and watch her close, there is a lot of bruising, so please just say a prayer that it goes well from this point on PLEASE!!! She is also on antibiotics. excuse the pictures they were taken with my cell phone. :(

This is the picture after repair

Update Saturday 7:23 Well it is back to the vet this morning her bruising is growing and it may be my imagination but her gums look paler so I am not waiting for an emergency, I want to make sure she is not bleeding under the skin. Say your prayers for us!!!

Lou

post-20581-12647131995598_thumb.jpg

post-20581-12647134197802_thumb.jpg

Edited by dobiegrey

Guest Energy11

Wow! Things like that happen, and like it was previously said, their skin is like paper!

I like the belly band idea, too, and hopefully, things will turnout just fine for her! Sending you lots of hugs! Dee and The Five

Guest EmilyandSioux

Try honey on the wounds too. It will keep bacteria out and aid in healing. The product we use here is Medihoney. I have found it in a few drugstores that carry natural remedies. It is usually behind the counter. It is a human product but it is safe and it works.

ow ow OW!!!!

sending healing prayers to Betty!!! :bighug:hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

In case you're not already, you might want to muzzle her while you mess with that wound. Poor girl!! Ouchy ouch ouch ouch! Looks pretty well sewn up, from this. Not surprising it's inflamed. Brilly got a gaper like that once, and the vet used laser surgery on it to clean up the edges. The stitches were teensy, and you can barely see the scar now. Good luck with this. Hugs to YOU, too!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Heal quickly and feel better little girl.

Just a thought about applying the ice, if you do use a wash cloth vs a zip lock bag, be sure it's a very soft fabric

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Ouch!

I hope she heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Poor Betty! My hound Argos had a very similar thing happened to him, but his was actually a lot bigger and deeper. Same spot, and the same mysterious cause. He was in the ICU for a week and had to have it sewn up twice. We used sedatives on him during the first few weeks to keep him calm and keep it from opening, and we didn't allow him to use stairs for about 3 weeks. He recovered beautifully with barely even a scar. We had a very difficult time keeping him off of it. He would use his muzzle as a battering ram to jab at it, so the muzzle was out; we used a life preserver collar, a neck brace collar, and a cone collar. The only thing that worked was the cone, even though he hated it. And we put a t-shirt on him at night so we could take the collar off. The t-shirt was long enough that it kept it covered.

Good luck and many many kisses for sweet Betty!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~