Amputation For Smiley Tomorrow, Prayers Please!

Guest Smiley

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreddyGirl

Thank heavens he came through without more issues....Take excellent care of yourself so you can care for Smiley when he comes home. :grouphug

So glad to hear a good update. I can only imagine how emotional the last couple of weeks and esp. the last two days have been. You are all in my thoughts. Hugs.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

glad to hear the good update! sending prayers! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We just got our a.m. update and Smiley did well through the night. He was a little restless initially so they gave him a little sedation and he was able to sleep through the night. They will start to back off the heavy duty meds sometime today and get him up and walking. It's so hard to be 3 hours away, but I know he is in great hands. Sorry for the delayed update yesterday-we spent the entire day at OSU and then with the 3 hour drive home we didn't get in and have dinner until 8:30 p.m. And of course we waited for our p.m. update to go to sleep. I'm trying to rest up now, but I'm still so keyed up that it's hard. And poor Peanut is really starting to feel the stress. She didn't eat much today which is VERY unusual, so hopefully spending lots of time with her over the weekend will help. I have her in at work with me today and we'll take a nice walk soon.

So far, all is well. We'll be spending the weekend prepping the house. Thank goodness Pete is Mr. Handy-he will spend Sat. constructing a temporary ramp until we get good thaw and we can install something permanent. And by temporary, I mean that he will have some sort of super-structure built now until he can render his own little architectural drawings for something spectacular in the spring :lol .

Thank you all for the continued good thoughts and prayers-it has truly helped us get through this last week! :blush

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Prayers continuing for Smiley and family. We have a ramp going out our back sliding patio doors for Todd - it would normally be about three steps down. This way he doesn't have to deal with steps on a daily basis...he comes running up that ramp from the back of the yard so happy...you'll be surprised what Smiley will be able to do. Todd's goes out in the back chasing squirrels with the rest of the gang...it won't slow Smiley down. :gh_bow

So happy to hear that Smiley is doing well. He is going to recover quickly and will be bouncing up and down that ramp in no time. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest K9Cookies

Glad to hear things are going well with Smiley. I hope Peanut will feel better after spending the day with you today. We're thinking about you. :)

Guest wholovesskunks

I am so very happy things are going well. You are so lucky that you are close by. I am green with envy………

Give your little Peanut hugs and kisses from me, this is a lot of stuff going on for a little pup and mine would be going crazy licking himself! LOL!

I’ll keep checking back- my prayers are with you!

Oh, Beth! I just now found this thread about your sweetie. You must be SO relieved to have the surgery over with, and know that Smiley will be back home snuggling with you again very soon. There are definitely angels working at OSU, but there are also angels coming to stay with you and giving you endless support while you're waiting.

I wish you were closer - I have a ramp I never use but it sounds as if your DH is going to be creating a ramp masterpiece as soon as weather allows. :)

Big hugs to you and gentler hugs to Smiley so I don't knock him over. ;)

Jordan

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

We got another update from OSU and they told us that Smiley took a few steps already! :yay:bounce1:clap:banana:pinkele !!! They had planned to just wheel him out, but found that with a little help he was able to stand and take a few steps! I wanted to cry when she called us. I am so thankful for this piece of good news!

Went through this five months ago. My husband built a ramp on the back deck, but Dash didn't need it for long. He also built a large wooden step, which I covered with non-slip backing (used for area rugs) so he could jump in and out of the car. I only use it now when it is slippery outside. I got lost of runners to cover slippery floors. It will be rough for the first two weeks, but it will only get better. No regrets!

Edited by angel

Guest dwolfe711

YEAH! So glad to hear good news about Smiley - you must be so relieved that at least the surgery is over. Prayers for quick and easy healing coming his way and hugs to all of you, esp Peanut!!

Donna

I'm so glad to hear that Smiley is doing well! I will continue to think positive thoughts for him :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--