Bean (Kitty)

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

12.08.11 Bean-Bean - Thinking of you...it's been two years since you've left this earth and you are still missed terribly!

Before DH and I were married, we both needed a pet. Both of us had always had animals while we were growing up and the apartment didn't feel like a home. So off to the shelter we went. We couldn't have a dog as renters, so we went to the kitty section of the shelter. There were so many deserving kitties but Bean chose us. We went into the enclosure (think big kitty condo) and Bean walked the railing as soon as we went in, and rubbed his face into mine. That was all it took.

Over the years, Bean was with us with every move, the addition of other kitties, getting married, the addition of our first hound, Booker, the purchase of our first home, and the addition of many hounds. He was the king of cat testing greyhounds, what a great judge of character. He knew immediately if the hound would be able to workable or never in a million years. Actually, Bean thought he was a hounds. It wasn't until the adoption of Booker, did we realize that Bean wasn't a kitty at all, he was a hound in kitty clothing. He wanted to eat with them, drink with them, sleep with them, and even go out with them :eek (which, of course we didn't allow).

Bean's day always started with waking me up by taking his paw and gently tapping my eye lid and if that didn't work, he took his cold, wet nose and shoved that into my eye :lol He was the greatest alarm clock ever. Bean demanded attention. If he didn't get it, he would knock whatever he could off the counter or start meowing very loudly until you came to see what he wanted or needed. He was the monitor of the litter boxes. If it wasn't clean, he would tell us by yelling and running to the box! :lol

When he was younger, he liked to empty tissue boxes by pulling out a tissue one by one. Then one time, he stuck his head in the box and couldn't get it out. He kept walking backwards to try to get out. Just thinking about that time, makes me laugh.

Sometimes Bean was a pain in the rear but he was always our kitty and we loved him dearly. Bean shared his life with us for about 15 years and he always kept us on our toes or he was under our feet trying to corral us :lol

Run free Bean-Bean, Beaner, Weiner, The Bean you will be forever loved and missed.

DSCF0079.jpg

04890015.jpg

Ifitdammit.jpg

Beanwithhoundlegs.jpg

beanandsahrabed2.jpg

P1012244.jpg

Edited by greytbookert

What a special tribute for Beaner. "He was a hound in kitty clothing...." made me smile. I have one of those, Miss Buzz. It's a special cat that can do that! Bean's memories will be with you forever. I bet Bean's with T. Hopefully, that will bring you some peace.

My deepest sympathy to you and family. Truly, a rough time indeed.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

What a wonderful tribute for an obviously wonderful cat-dog. We have one of those, too. I am glad that he was able to give you his paw of approval of Adam. May he be ruling your bridge pack as he did here. Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest mcsheltie

I am so sorry. Black & white shorthairs are special cats. For me they are magical. I have always had one, when one passed another soon came into my life. And they have always turned out to be my heart cats. I see Bean was the same. Thank you for sharing his life with us.

Edited by mcsheltie

I'm so sorry for your loss. Heart kitties are indeed very special. He must have been a

character and so loving.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bean.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Bean was a beautiful kitteh with a beautiful spirit to go with it. He was a very lucky boy to be so well loved. Godspeed Bean! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

What a handsome kitty. I'm so sorry he's gone.

Run free, little guy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. What a beautiful tribute to the handsome greyhound in kitty clothing, Bean.

Run free with the greys forever, Bean/

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest lynne893

What a beautiful kitty Bean was!!

You must be very sad after having this critter in your life for so many years... but your tribute is heartwarming and beautiful.

Run free Bean!!

:grouphug I am so sorry.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greytfulhounds

Your Bean was a handsome boy. I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug

Godspeed sweet boy & run with your houndies that are waiting at the Bridge.

:f_white

Edited by greytfulhounds