Hemangiosarcoma

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest freightsmom

It breaks my heart reading about Hobbes and what both of you are going through. My heart dog, Freightliner, was diagnosed this summer with dermal hemangiosarcoma from two of five biopsies.

Please know that there are always people here to listen, care and offer support.

Oh, this is just not fair. You are all held tightly in my prayers. My heart hurts and my eyes are leaking. I am so sorry.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just thinking of you and your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hobbes has now had two eye episodes the last couple days. He rolls the eye back and will barely open it, the vet believes he is doing it because he is in some pain but doesn't know why exactly. The first time it was one eye the second time it was both. It only lasts a few hours and then they are back to normal. It's very odd and I don't know if it is related to the cancer or not but it's disconcerting none the less.

Dear would sleep with his eyes open, but the eyes were rolled back. He never let me know he was in pain, like yelps...but he did not want to be around anyone. If Jack laid on the couch with him, Dear would get up & go in my bedroom. If anyone was on the bed, he'd get in a crate. He'd even go back in the kennel room & get in a crate.

Hobbes has now had two eye episodes the last couple days. He rolls the eye back and will barely open it, the vet believes he is doing it because he is in some pain but doesn't know why exactly. The first time it was one eye the second time it was both. It only lasts a few hours and then they are back to normal. It's very odd and I don't know if it is related to the cancer or not but it's disconcerting none the less.

Dear would sleep with his eyes open, but the eyes were rolled back. He never let me know he was in pain, like yelps...but he did not want to be around anyone. If Jack laid on the couch with him, Dear would get up & go in my bedroom. If anyone was on the bed, he'd get in a crate. He'd even go back in the kennel room & get in a crate.

Hobbes has always slept like that but these episodes happened when he was fully awake. He only had the two and hopefully it wont happen again.

Hobbes has been loving all the extra attention and treats he has been getting and is still playing with his toys and cuddling with us and Wally. He has a very large growth on the inside of his left hind leg that has been giving him a bit of trouble climbing stairs and jumping in to the car but walking on a flat surfaces doesn't seem to bother him. So over all he is doing quite well considering everything.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

:grouphug:grouphug:candle:candle:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just wanted to stop in to see how Hobbes is doing. He is in my thoughts, as are you. :goodluck:grouphug:goodluck:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hoping Hobbes is having a good day and sending lots of good wishes to your way.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I hate cancer. Two weeks ago he was running with his friends, today he can barely walk.

Yesterday Hobbes started screaming when ever he got up or lay down, the pain seemed to be from his left front leg. We add tramadol to the metacam he was already taking. As of last night the pain was under control but this morning a blood vessel burst in the same leg. His leg above the elbow has a massive swelling of blood which is causing him pain to walk on. I called our vet but she said there really isn't anything she can do, the blood should be reabsorbed on it's own and the pain will subside. I'm trying to be positive but I just can't stop thinking that next time it might be the tumor in his heart that ruptures. It's like a time bomb that I can't disarm.

I'm not really looking for advice, I just had to get it out. Sorry for being such a downer.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Sending lots of hugs for you and Hobbes.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BellesDad

I'm so sorry about Hobbes. I hope he feels better. The blood will be reabsorbed in a couple of days. It looks horrible but it really seems worse than it is. You can ask your vet but a heat compress can accelerate the blood reabsorbtion. Just enjoy the days you have and don't try and think about the day. I know it s sounds easier than it is. Hang in there. I am praying for Hobbes.

Guest mcsheltie

You are not being a downer! I can only imagine how I would feel in your shoes. We want to know what is happening and to help in any way we can. We are all here for you! :grouphug

I'm so sorry about Hobbes. I hope he feels better. The blood will be reabsorbed in a couple of days. It looks horrible but it really seems worse than it is. You can ask your vet but a heat compress can accelerate the blood reabsorbtion. Just enjoy the days you have and don't try and think about the day. I know it s sounds easier than it is. Hang in there. I am praying for Hobbes.

I hope I'm not being to forward for asking but I'm really stressed over this new development. Did Belle have this happen to her? If so how many times?

I was told Hemangiosarcoma wasn't painful but he clearly is in pain from it. He is still enjoying cuddles and is eating well although I have to bring the food to him now, but if pain is all that is in his future my husband and I will have to have a discussion on what is really best for him :(

I feel bad for you b/c our Cullen had hemangio too with an awful tumor just forward of his left hind leg on the abdomen. We took it off but it metastasized in only 3 weeks. It's a nasty, unpredictable disease with a boatload of differetn presentations. I keep praying that someone finds a cure or at least a way to manage it. Having blood vessels explode like Hobbes's is really horrible; I've seen a lot in the last 30 years but not that. Poor guy. :(