Hemangiosarcoma

That stinks. I am so very sorry. Wishing you lots of time to love on and spoil Hobbes. Hugs to you, your husband, Wally and, of course, Hobbes.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eaglflyt

I am so very, very sorry. I'm praying for Hobbes to enjoy every minute and to feel as good as possible and for you, all your family and Wally, too. :brokenheart:grouphug

Edited by eaglflyt

I am so very sorry. :cry1

I hope that Hobbes has many more good days ahead, and that you all enjoy it as much as possible.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest FordRacingRon

So very very sorry and will send prayers and white light for you guys to enjoy the time you have. Spoil Hobbs,,,spoil, spoil, spoil....

I just sent you a PM.

The thing I learned about Greytalk during that horrible time with Dear & his hermangio sarcoma, this is the best place to come when you're grasping at life. There is so much love & support here. So many of us have gone what you will be going through soon. I know I might sound brutal to some, but having suffered through hermangiosarcoma 2 years ago with Dear, I am only speaking the truth. Which you & I have already discussed.

Spoil him rotten, give him whatever he wants. He will let you know when he's ready.

I am so sorry. This is devastating news. Spoil and love that boy rotten. You have been given the gift of time to say goodbye.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

What Hilda said. She and I have both been through the ringer with hemangio and she speaks the truth. Spoil him rotten. Have a party if he's able to enjoy it and take lots of photos. We was so busy enjoying Cullen's last 3 weeks we forgot to take pics. He went downhill so fast we didn't see it coming. :wife

I am so sorry, I am tearing up reading this....spoil the boy for as long as u can......sending :grouphug

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

I want to thank everyone for your kind words and support, it really does help so much. I was totally devastated today after finding out the results, even though I already knew it in my heart.

If there is a silver lining to this situation, it's that this form of cancer is relatively pain free. I trust Hobbes will let me know when it's his time to go but until then I see many car rides, home cooked meals and hopefully a few more play runs in Hobbes' future.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Guest BellesDad

Spoil Hobbes Rotten, as I alluded in a previous post Belle's 2 months were pain free and she got steak everyday and I (due to my chronic disease acting up due to my extreme sadness on Belles diagnosis) was able to stay home with her for most of that time , we had a blast but I am stiill crying at your post because I know how sad it is. Love your boy Hobbes like crazy.

I'm so sorry. I was hoping for better news. I've lost two to hemangiosarcoma. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Energy11

Sooo sorry to hear the news.

With our Max, who had OS, we did palliative care, and gave LOTS of love! It was a very good three months, for the most part.

Spoil your boy rotten!!!!! Sending you all the love we can give, and many many prayers! Dee and The Five

Guest jurishound

I am so sorry to read of Hobbes' diagnosis. Our beloved Stormy was diagnosed last Veteran's day, after he began coughing and chest radiographs revealed lung metastasis. We spoiled him with special foods and walks in his favorite parks until it was time to say goodbye. I never felt that he was in pain; but his breathing became labored and he was very tired. Please know that there is nothing you could have done to stop this very aggressive cancer - the visceral form metastasizes quickly and silently. Warm hugs to you and your wonderful boy.

I'm sorry.

It's a hard place to be, where you are.

I hope he has many good days yet, and that the two of you make many smiles together.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry.

It's a hard place to be, where you are.

I hope he has many good days yet, and that the two of you make many smiles together.

Could not have said it better. I'm soooo sorry. Prayers are with you....

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am just catching up on this devastating news. I am so very, very sorry. What a sweet boy to have had this horrible diagnosis. Not fair. Spoil him, make beautiful memories and take lots of photos, all to help you get through those tough times ahead. Sending :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:candle:candle:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead