Hemangiosarcoma

I am just reading this about Hobbes for the first time. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Please give Hobbes a :kiss2 for me.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BellesDad

Yes Belle had a a Tumor burst from her side. 3 times the same tumor burst and then grew back. The first time I thought it was the end, the blood was hanging under her skin and then it all went into her leg. Her leg blew up to like 3 times normal. She could hardly walk and was so weak. It was Christmas day and I brought her to the E-vet( which in hindsight I shouldn't have done because she got weaker. I atayed up with her through the night and thought about the PTS, but in the morning she got up and in 3 days the leg went back to normal and I had 2 more months with her. The tumor burst 2 more times but with less severe effects. Then one popped inside and she was gone in an hour and half. But other than the first ordeal I would say she was pretty good. It was very deceiving because at some points she was as peppy and active as if she had no disease. I guess for me its watch Hobbe's appetite. He can recover from this particular episode. Good Luck. I so feel your pain. I continue to pray and think of Hobbes

Yes Belle had a a Tumor burst from her side. 3 times the same tumor burst and then grew back. The first time I thought it was the end, the blood was hanging under her skin and then it all went into her leg. Her leg blew up to like 3 times normal. She could hardly walk and was so weak. It was Christmas day and I brought her to the E-vet( which in hindsight I shouldn't have done because she got weaker. I atayed up with her through the night and thought about the PTS, but in the morning she got up and in 3 days the leg went back to normal and I had 2 more months with her. The tumor burst 2 more times but with less severe effects. Then one popped inside and she was gone in an hour and half. But other than the first ordeal I would say she was pretty good. It was very deceiving because at some points she was as peppy and active as if she had no disease. I guess for me its watch Hobbe's appetite. He can recover from this particular episode. Good Luck. I so feel your pain. I continue to pray and think of Hobbes

Thank you. You've eased my mind so much. His leg is huge now and it's spreading further and further down. I was seconds from calling my DH to come home from work so I could get him in to the e-vet. I just feel horrible for him.

I totally agree with you on how deceiving this cancer is. Mostly he acts just like his normal self, then something like this happens and it hits home how truly bad it is.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Sending prayers for you and Hobbes.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry for everything Hobbes and you are going through. I hope the blood is readsorbed quickly and his pain goes away. Wishing you a better day today.

I hope that today finds Hobbes more comfortable than yesterday. Sending gentle thoughts your way.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

May today bring more comfort to you and Hobbes. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm sorry. :(

It's so incredibly hard to see one's dog in pain.

I hope he feels better soon, and has a lot of good days left.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hobbes is doing a lot better today :)

The bruising is more wide spread then it was yesterday but the swelling has come down considerably. I'm really happy because he doesn't seem to be in pain from it anymore. He even had a short rooing session with Wally this morning so he must be feeling a lot better.

Thank you for all the continued prayers.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

What a relief. I hope he doesn't have another setback for a loonnnggg time.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest eaglflyt

Hobbes is doing a lot better today :)

The bruising is more wide spread then it was yesterday but the swelling has come down considerably. I'm really happy because he doesn't seem to be in pain from it anymore. He even had a short rooing session with Wally this morning so he must be feeling a lot better.

Thank you for all the continued prayers.

Excellent! I'm so thrilled for both of you! :inlove:grouphug

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Demon had blood/swelling in his front leg from amputation of his other front leg. The Vet had us massaging the fluid up the leg a few times a day. It was visibly smaller after the massages and he moved around better.