Six Months Since Loca Passed Away

robinw

Guest LANDOLISA

Robin,

I know and share your pain, sorrows, and second thoughts, for it has been just over six months for Lisa and just less than six months for Lando. Loca, was very lucky to have your love and devotion, and she knew you loved her, and I bet you could see that in her eyes. I have no words of knowledge or wisdom to share, if I did I would use them on myself also. Try and focus on the positive and good times that you shared, for I bet there were many. Maybe Lisa, Lando and Loca are looking downs on us with those wonderful smiles, and in no more pain or suffering.

Happy thoughts your way, God Bless. :candle

{{{{{{{{{{Robin}}}}}}}}}}

It's never wrong to try to help a dog in pain. Sometimes you get lucky and you can help. Too often, you can't. You knew when enough was enough, and that is all a dog could ask of her best person.

This is exactly what I wanted to say, Robin.

Every decision you made at each point was made out of love. That's what she knew. Rest your heart there.

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh Robin,

You love Loca with all your heart and made the best decisions you could. That is all any of us can do.

Dita sends this picture to make you smile.

Susan

post-4803-1259704886.jpg

Edited by smday

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Guest canagreyts

Oh Robin, remember the weekend we went to get her? We stayed in that motel that was like 125 degrees! Then we went to the Cracker Barrel the next morning and waited and waited. We finally go a table and just as we sat down, the minivan with Loca pulled up :lol! She was so good in the car on the way back and you were so stressed about crossing the border back into Canada and she was sound asleep and didn't make a peep. The border guy never even saw her :lol!

Your car keys at McDonald's on the 401! It was so cold. That was such a cool weekend - and I do mean cool (except for the motel room!).

Thinking of you.

Robin, Loca knew she was loved. Your decisions were based on love. Remember that. There are a few of us who know how you feel. Be good to yourself, Loca would want it that way.

She has joined so many of our beloved hounds. Now she's out of pain, she's somewhere bossing around lots of other dogs, and being free to run. I really believe that. I know that some people don't believe that there's something else, but my experiences have taught me that there's a whole 'nother place to be besides here. Don't beat yourself up about giving her the freedom from pain, suffering, and sadness. You loved her enough to let her go.

I will always remember my visit and having Loca on the bed with Sunscreen Man. She was a beautiful girl and you gave her the most wonderful years of her life. Be proud of that.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest 2greygirls

Robin, I was so heartbroken to find out that Loca passed- I have been away from this board for a while. Somehow I alwasy felt that Loca and Leda were connected, two grand old ladies with very particular views on the world. I never met Loca, save in stories, but I feel like I knew her. Losing Marble and Leda within months of each other killed me, and I too wondered about decisions made, but when it comes down to it. We make the best decisions we can. Loca was loved, and loved you back, she was a wonderful, happy, amazing hound because of your love. I am sure she is still with you, and probably hanging out with the red hat crew at the bridge. I had a dream last week that Marble and Leda were with me, they were young and sleek and romping aroumd me, I think they visited, keep your eyes peeled, I am sure your girl will stop in to say Hi.

hugs,

Sonya

:grouphug

I am sure she is still with you, and probably hanging out with the red hat crew at the bridge. I had a dream last week that Marble and Leda were with me, they were young and sleek and romping aroumd me, I think they visited, keep your eyes peeled, I am sure your girl will stop in to say Hi.

hugs,

Sonya

Ditto. This has blessedly been my experience too.

It is ok for you to feel what you feel about it for as long as you need to. Remember to focus on the dogs at home, however. They need you to be in the NOW with them. We never forget the animals we love, but it does become easier as time passes to think of the good and not blame yourself or second guess (have that t-shirt, but I wear it a lot less...you will too).

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Thanks so much for your support, everyone. I know...I'm a baby beatinghearts.gif

QUOTE(canagreyts @ Dec 1 2009, 08:28 PM) 4325798[/snapback]Oh Robin, remember the weekend we went to get her? We stayed in that motel that was like 125 degrees! Then we went to the Cracker Barrel the next morning and waited and waited. We finally go a table and just as we sat down, the minivan with Loca pulled up lol.gif! She was so good in the car on the way back and you were so stressed about crossing the border back into Canada and she was sound asleep and didn't make a peep. The border guy never even saw her lol.gif!

Your car keys at McDonald's on the 401! It was so cold. That was such a cool weekend - and I do mean cool (except for the motel room!).

The things I remember most about that trip are the empty bar (except for us), missing out on eating the most fattening thing on the Cracker Barrel menu, Loca sliding off the back seat onto the floor and that poor guy from McDonald's having to fish my keys out of the trash! rofl.gif Thanks again for joining me on that adventure.

QUOTE(2greygirls @ Dec 2 2009, 11:48 AM) 4326674[/snapback]Somehow I alwasy felt that Loca and Leda were connected, two grand old ladies with very particular views on the world.

Sonya, I always thought of Leda and Loca as being connected. They were both such pushy, stubborn old broads lol.gif

QUOTE(LANDOLISA @ Dec 1 2009, 03:55 PM) 4325278[/snapback]I know and share your pain, sorrows, and second thoughts, for it has been just over six months for Lisa and just less than six months for Lando. Loca, was very lucky to have your love and devotion, and she knew you loved her, and I bet you could see that in her eyes. I have no words of knowledge or wisdom to share, if I did I would use them on myself also. Try and focus on the positive and good times that you shared, for I bet there were many. Maybe Lisa, Lando and Loca are looking downs on us with those wonderful smiles, and in no more pain or suffering.

I still can't begin to comprehend how you ever got through losing Lando and Lisa in such a such period of time grouphug.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Please know that you are never alone with your grief. Polly has been gone for 8 years now. No experience in my life has been as bad as watching her turn blue and gasp for air and knowing I was the one who insisted she have the surgery to "relieve" her laryngeal paralysis. It took a long time for me to work through my emotions since they were so jumbled. I didn't know if I should be glad that her suffering was finally over or sad that she was gone or devestated from the guilt. I still think of her a lot but now it is always with a smile.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon