Teri Towel (peaches) 12/9/04 - 5/27/09

pokealong

On July 14, 2007 my first greyhound found me, her racing name was Teri Towel and volunteers at the kennel called her Peaches. She had just arrived at the kennel and was one of the last dogs I looked at. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the kennel volunteers didn't show her to me because she was cat safe and I did not have a cat. I didn't realized this until after I had Peaches for a few months and I started volunteering at the kennel. Within the first few seconds of having Peaches out of the crate she bonded with my boyfriend and I. She played with us in the yard and when we called her name she came running to us. We knew she was going to be a member of our family then. Below is a picture of her and I on adoption day.

Peaches.jpg

Peaches arrived at her forever home on 8/7/07. She immediately played with toys and laid on her beds. She slept thru the night, unlike me, I was up every hour making sure she was breathing! She was a cuddle bug from minute one. I would sit on the floor and she would come snuggle with me. She was comfortable with anyone. She was a perfect dog from day one. Here is a picture of Peaches 2 weeks after coming home.

PeachesLaughing.jpg

In April 2009 Peaches got sick and lost 10 pounds in a week. I took her to the evet and she was diagnosed with IMT. They put her on all kinds of drugs and she didn't seem to get better. I then took her to see Dr. Couto and on May 1, 2009 Peaches was diagnosed with leukemia. On May 27, 2009 Peaches passed in her sleep. She was a trooper until the end, still walking up and down the stairs (we were there every step of the way). She would try to race us to the stairs so she could manuever them herself, but we were always right next to her. She was so so stubborn. We were discussing the possibility of having to put her down that week and I think she heard us and decided to go on her own terms. This next picture was taken the night before she passed. She is with her littermate Bobbie Socks.

PeachesBobbieSocks.jpg

Peaches opened me up to the Greyhound world. I will be forever grateful to her and to Greyhounds Only for blessing me with such a wonderful first hound. She will always be my first love. I miss her so so much and the pain just doesn't seem to go away. I think about you all the time Peaches and I hope you are running free with all the wonderfully loved hounds.

Guest K9_Lady

Sue, what a beautiful Tribute for your Peaches. She was such a sweetie and I know how much you miss her. :grouphug

What a wonderful picture of her and Bobbie Socks. :)

You were all so blessed to find each other.

Truly a beautiful heart felt tribute to truly a beauiful girl who left way too young. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Downtownhoundz

I remember her passing,so soon after Kylie.It's tough isn't it, even after six months have passed, I know our girls are kicking their heels up and running with no boundaries! :grouphug

Much, much too young. My heart goes out to you.

Send your momma some sweet dreams, Peaches. You were a beautiful, beloved girl gone too soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am sorry for your loss. She had to leave way too soon. What a beautiful face!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest lynne893

what a beautiful story of your life with peaches. i'm sorry it was so brief. that photo of her with her littermate breaks my heart, they were so adorable.

we lost our timber 2.5 months ago to lymphoma, and she too lost so much weight. it's so hard. i feel for you, deeply.

run free, peaches! you were so loved!!!

Oh, she was just a baby. I'm so very very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Peaches.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest hlpnhounds

Sue

Words cannot express......I do know how you are feeling as I feel it too.

Hug those hound babies every day, every chance you get because you never know when they will be taken over the bridge.

:bighug

A truly beautiful girl who braved the fight and chose to earn her wings. Run free sweety, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.