Kamin (gm Mr Gardan) 7/23/2001-11/12/2009

Guest MountainHounds

Guest MountainHounds

mudpup2.jpg

Yesterday my sweet Kamin crossed the bridge.

Picture514.jpg

I brought him home on February first of 2002 and was absolutely smitten with him from day one.

Picture027-3.jpg

He was my constant shining light through several moves, odd roommates, losing Kavana and more fosters than I can even remember right now.

Picture014-6.jpg

He was always my good dog, the one that I rarely had to worry about getting into trouble.

101_2449.jpg

He was my little shy thunderphobic snugglenug

100_0086.jpg

Then a little over a year ago, as my entire world crumbled around me, I sent my darling boy to live with my uncle, 2 and a half hours away, where my uncle was able to love him completely and spoil him in the manner to which he'd become accustomed.

100_0653.jpg

Over the past year, I've only been able to see him a handful of times. He'd come and stay with me for a week here, a weekend there. He was always so happy to see me and I was able to get my quota of Kamin snuggles.

100_0397.jpg

Three weeks ago, he came to stay with me for five days, over those days, I'd notice him occasionally limping after I'd take him out for a run. I mentioned it to my uncle who took him to the vet. They thought he had broken a toe. Over the next week, he got considerably worse. His leg swelled up and he had bruising all the way up his leg and shoulder, clear into his chest. Another trip to the vet confirmed our worst fears, our boy had OS. I drove down earlier this week to say goodbye to him. In just two weeks, the tumor on his shoulder had grown to the point where it was clearly visible, nearly the size of my fist and he was clearly in pain between doses of painkillers. So I sat down with him and cuddled for hours, sharing my dinner with him and telling him over and over again how much I loved him, while my uncle and I made the decision to help him over the bridge.

kamineyes.jpg

My heart is broken :brokenheart

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. Kamin was a beautiful boy & was lucky to be loved so deeply. Godspeed Kamin! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so very sorry. What a beautiful soul peering out of those eyes.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for the loss of your very handsome boy.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him before he left, but he left much much too young.

Godspeed Kamin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, perfect boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.