Uno Mas Pablo

Burpdog

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. Pablo was a lucky boy to have had you. Godspeed Pablo! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:cry1 I'm so sorry Diane. :grouphug:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Uno Mas Pablo: you were not just one more Pablo to me. You are my Pablo and I will love you forever.

:weep

I'm really sorry Diane.

Sleep tight Pablo :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry Diane. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I am very sorry. Run free Pablo, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug

Run free, sweet Pablo, with all our beautiful bridge kids.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry Diane. I don't read remembrances every day, I just can't -- and when I do, it seems there's an "Honor Roll" of Special Souls yet again. Tonight has turned into a night of reflection and remembrance for me -- and it does seem, truly that Your Pablo was a most especially special soul. I will look forward to meeting him someday-- sending love and white light.

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thank you all. Pablo came home today, riding in the front seat :)

For those of you who don't know his story, here are some excerpts from emails between Cheryl (Heart of Texas) and I when I knew someone was coming from her (don't ask....it just happens :D )

Diane - you know, all retired racers deserve a couch that they can call their own. But with an adoptive home, when their time comes to cross over, it is ALWAYS better if they all cross knowing somebody loved them enough to accept them for their faults and gave them a home to call their own.

..... if you were to ask who of all the seniors we have needs a home the most, I would say Pablo. This is a perfect Greyhound who gets lost over here. I don't have to crate him. He isn't muzzled. In his very first adoptive home - he was beaten within an inch of his life. He refused to enter an elevator and the adopters' boyfriend beat him into submission. When the group found out, they repossessed him. In his second adoptive home, the gal was getting married and they were going to do missionary work. So, he came back. Third home, in Austin, wonderful family, and it got to where they felt they couldn't care for him properly.

Sometimes, Pablo tends to look like he's got some nerve damage in his brain because he will just stare at stuff. But he's wonderful - I love him, my girls love him, everyone who meets him loves him. And he's gorgeous, but probably not old enough for you. He's only eight.

Imagine, getting a Greyhound with no physical ailments for a change. What a novelty for you!

We met in Schulenberg, and Pablo got out of Cheryl's van limping.....she swore he was fine when she put him in the van.....he had cut his foot.

Pablo took a different stance at my house and I had to watch him -- with food: he was gated in the living room to eat; with stuffies -- the other "kids" learned to stay away from him. He ended up a benevolent alpha, he did mellow.

The first four to six months, he ate, sometimes played with stuffies and laid on a dog bed looking depressed. In addition to all the other homes, he was in 3 or so foster homes.

One day, he knew he was home! He became funny and because he was such a big guy, one could get hurt having fun :rolleyes:

No nerve or brain damage. The veil for him was very thin many times. I knew when the others were visiting. He loved laying in Rob Roy's spot and Rob Roy gave him heck at first. Poor Pablo would look up at the ceiling and I'd have to be stern with Rob Roy and tell Pablo it was ok, it was his spot now.

Such a big presence and very much loved and missed. My Pablo :wub: is home.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest LadyChester

I am glad he is home with you, Diane. I, too, cannot bring myself to read Remembrances very often, but bless you for giving him the most wonderful home with much love.

I'm so sorry that I'm just seeing this, Diane! I hope that my H and J and even Prof (who loved his Gramma Burpdog to bits) were there to greet your Solamente UNO Pablo. *hugs* until real ones in March, my friend.

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif