My Bob, 7 Years Ago Sept. 15th

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

I know people don't usually post things about people passing in this forum, but this time of year is always very hard for me. Even though I am happily remarried, and love John a lot, this time of year is always the worst!

My husband of over 15 years, Bob, died of cancer on Sept. 15, 2002. Because I was a working paramedic at the time, and had ICU experience, I was able to do his TOTAL care, with a once a week visit from Hospice. They were wonderfully supportive, and let me do all his care, which is the way I wanted it.

From the eulogy I wrote ... "Changes in attitude, changes in latitude, nothing remains quite the same," Jimmy Buffet.

"Those of you who knew Bob, knew he loved Florida, especially the sun and the beach ... where he logged hundreds of miles on his daily walks. Bob was a kind, gentle, caring man, of few words, but a loyal friend to all, a loving husband, and Dad to our adopted greyhound, Energy. ... We have come here today to the beach, to celebrate Bob's life, not mourn, for death is a part of life. Bob is in "Key West," now, Heaven, for those of you who believe ... with his sister and parents, in a peaceful world."

... " So, in memory of Bob, be kind to others. Be loving. Give of yourselves everyday, LIVE LIFE! Do not wait to do things you've always wanted to do! Life IS, indeed, a gift, and short ...

I "told" my Bob he is one of the "Official Keepers of The Rainbow Bridge," and when Energy went there, just 2.5 years after Bob died, ... I KNEW, Bob was there, waiting, and they'd be united again. Energy was Bob's boy, even though Bob adopted him for me in 1997, and he was "my anniversary Greyhound." After Bob passed, Energy and I became unbelievably close.

I miss you Bob and Energy! Very, very very much! Even though I have moved on as you asked, ... nothing will ever be quite the same! All my love, Deanne (Dee).

:f_red :f_red :gh_run2

Edited by Energy11

Beautiful eulogy. You are very right.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest derfaroo

:bighug Dear Dee...

How lucky Bob was to have you! How great that he loved YOU so very much!

How amazing that you had Energy, who left such a big dent in your life.

How wonderful that you found John to be your next parter in life.

So many go through life and never experience TRUE LOVE.

People come and go through our lives...hope that I will mean that much to someone that they still care and celebrate years after I'm gone.

Your tribute to Bob is wonderful. Yes, still sad. So.. sending a big hug to you tonight, my dear friend...

A lady who will always mean the world to me...as you went out of your way to help Genie! SEE YOU TOO ARE MAKING A "DENT"

Girlfriend...you're the BEST!

Guest Energy11
:bighug Dear Dee...

How lucky Bob was to have you! How great that he loved YOU so very much!

How amazing that you had Energy, who left such a big dent in your life.

How wonderful that you found John to be your next parter in life.

So many go through life and never experience TRUE LOVE.

People come and go through our lives...hope that I will mean that much to someone that they still care and celebrate years after I'm gone.

Your tribute to Bob is wonderful. Yes, still sad. So.. sending a big hug to you tonight, my dear friend...

A lady who will always mean the world to me...as you went out of your way to help Genie! SEE YOU TOO ARE MAKING A "DENT"

Girlfriend...you're the BEST!

Thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot! I was more the happy to help Genie, more than happy! Love ya! Dee

Edited by Energy11

Guest Energy11
Hugs to you at this difficult time. Could you share some pictures of your Bob--and of Energy, too, of course.

I have a wonderful photo of them together, taken at a GH picinc, in a frame/nothing digital. This was the photo I had at his Celebration of Life. It was placed by his urn on the table with all the memorials, flowers, etc. I don't know how to post it, and don't have a scanner :-( Thank you for wanting to see it, though!

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

What a beautiful eulogy, and a lovely thought that Bob is one of the Official Keepers at the Rainbow Bridge. That would be my idea of heaven, too.

:f_redf_yellow

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest lynne893

Deanne, bless your heart. You are a good soul.

It's so clear that you live with a lot of love in your heart and love whole-heartedly.

How terrible that you lost your husband to that awful disease, and then your hound. I admire your courage and your spirit in facing such hurt and loss.

Thank you for sharing a beautiful tribute.

I hope this year is a little bit more peaceful than the last.

Lynne