Guest greycrew

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TBSFlame
:grouphug When I read a post like your it always puts me back in a sad a dark place. I am so sorry but it will get better in time.

Guest MyBoys

I am so very sorry for your loss, reading your post brought tears to my eyes because I understand that totally empty feeling you have right now. Hold onto your dream, your sweet boy will always be with you.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that Juneau is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

As Claudia said, you did this FOR him, not TO him.

Do I believe in things like your dream? HECK YES! When my Bob (husband) died, I saw a double rainbow that night. Then, when I met John, my current DH, there was ANOTHER double rainbow, while we were driving ... a sign from Bob, he approved :-))

When Energy was sent to The Bridge, I was lying face up, on the patio, looking into the clouds, ... I saw multiple greyhounds in the clouds, ... DH saw them too! So, yes, there ARE signs!

We are sooo sorry for your loss, but happy that your Juneau is out of pain and free again.

We love you! Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge! :wub::f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_run2

I believe that you are right, and that dream was Juneau telling he is pain-free and and loves you. Chester (and many other angels) were waiting to show him around.

Guest EmbersDad
Sharon,

please try to remember that you didn't do it "to" him, you did it "for" him. A selfless act and our final act of love.

You're in my thoughts

i agree. well said. run free juneau.

My heart aches for you. I know that pain of having to make the final decision for a beloved hound all too well, followed by their huge absence. :grouphug Your dream definitely sounds like a sign. :beatheart Dreams are an easy way for our angels to visit. Your baby boy is in the best of company, free of pain. :angelwings

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry for your pain. I was thinking about you and Juneau yesterday. It really stinks that the most valuable gift to give causes the most pain. We are beginning to look down the same road that you have traveled and my heart is already breaking, too.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Sharon,

please try to remember that you didn't do it "to" him, you did it "for" him. A selfless act and our final act of love.

You're in my thoughts

couldn't have said it better.

i'm so sorry for your loss. you're not crazy. i believe i've had two "signs" from loca, and i'm the ultimate skeptic. Juneau let you know that all is fine now.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug I'm so sorry.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

It truly is a gift to set them free from terminal suffering, but at the time it often feels wrong. I remember feeling terribly guilty after I put Argus down due to osteosarcoma... the first thought that came to my head was, "I just killed my dog!" and it was horrifying. Many months later I was able to get over that guilt and niggling doubt as to whether it was the right choice.

It's not wacky to ask for a sign, and heck yeah it sounds like Juneau sent you that dream. Most people on here who've lost pets do believe they've received them. I actually saw the cat I'd had for 21 years sitting on the kitchen counter where she'd received her fluid treatments, just watching me... 5 hours after I put her down. She appeared in random places around the house and I woke up to see her beside me in bed every morning for a few days, then it stopped. It was like she'd made sure everything was in order and her humans were okay and then it was time to move on. When I came home from putting Argus down there was a black widow spider (the only one I've seen before or since in South Dakota) sitting right smack on the doorknob. Thought it was a sign that I'd made the wrong choice and he was pissed... but when we entered the house there was a carbon monoxide leak. It was a warning that there was danger in the house. Or so I choose to believe.

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Please know that every one of us has been where you are, felt what you are feeling. One week ago, I had to let my iggy Lexi make her journey, so all of these feelings are as fresh and raw for me as they are for you. But understand that the feelings are normal, and reflect the deep love you and Juneau have shared.

His body may no longer be visible to you, but his spirit will always be with you, and he will find ways to let you know this - your comforting dream was one of these ways.

Grieve for your sweet boy, feel whatever your heart wants you to feel, but in time you will really understand that letting Juneau move on to the spirit world came from your unconditional love.

:grouphug

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest jettcricket
Sharon,

You're in my thoughts

...I so agree. I remember years ago when I had to let my heart kitty, Sushi, go due to lymphoma the guilt and sadness of having to make that last vet appointment for her was so overwhelming. My boss told me, "Lin...God has already made that choice...your just making her passing easier".

It made me feel better and each time I had to make that decision, I remember her words....

Sharon,

You're in my thoughts

This couldn't be put more simply or beautifully. Sharon, you are not alone in your grief. So many of us feel for what you are going through. I wanted to post something yesterday to let you know that you and Juneau were in my thoughts but the thread had been closed. May every tear that falls slowly mend your broken heart. :grouphug

:gh_run2:f_red

I'm feeling your pain as I'm just going through the same. My adored hound Ivy-Blue

'had to' cross the bridge one month ago. It was the worst experience of my whole life and I'm still crying daily.

It's like a huge painful absence in my life...he has taken a part of me with him.

I hope time will help you to overcome this...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest westexhound

So sorry, :grouphug

I truly hope all the pain you are feeling will soon be eased with all the happy memories of Juneau and knowing that he is now pain free. :grouphug

I'm truly sorry you are going through this. I believe in signs too and I absolutely think that your Juneau was letting

you know he was o.k. He would also not want you to feel guilty, but to just remember him with love and happiness.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson