Has Anyone Dealt With Brain Surgery?

All of us will have you and Butkus in our thoughts and prayers. Brain surgery IS really scary, but you are doing the absolute best you can.

Please let us know how he's doing---and how YOU'RE doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safe trip and we will be keeping this pup close in our prayers. Update when you can.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest barkdogs

Best of luck. I too went through this with my beloved Aussie Tony (he had other organ cancers) but this case sounds much more clear cut and more easily operable. May Butkus set new records for remission!

He's out of suregery!! The doctors estimate that they were able to get about 95% of the tumor out hrough surgery alone, and now the vaccine therapy will take care of the rest. They said Butkus had the most invasive tumor they've seen yet, so he will be really valuable for the research. I'm just so happy he's awake, and I can't wait to see how he's doing as he wakes up more. They said the dogs are acting like their old selves within days!!

I'm glad to hear he is finished with the surgery. Thats half the worry off of your back. Prayers for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so thankful his surgery is done and they were able to remove as much as they did. I hope you get to see him soon and that he has a smooth recovery. We are continuing our prayers for Butkus and all your family.

Glad to hear it's over and hoping he will make a miraculous recovery.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Just wanted to toss out an update. We brought Butkus home to my parents' house on Saturday (ONE day after the surgery!!!). He was definitely a little sleepy and out of it still for most of the day, but by about dinner time, he had totally perked up. By Sunday, he was acting like his normal self!!! I had to leave the Twin Cities yesterday to come back to work, but because the MRI was broken when Butkus had his surgery, he and my DH needed to stay till today to get an MRI image. So today we'll know how much of the tumor they were able to debulk, and how much is left in that the new vaccine will have to fight.

Here's a (slightly graphic, I'll leave space) picture of Butkus on Saturday when he came home. The scar is going to be so minimal!!! They're AMAZING doctors at the U!!!

butkusscar.jpg

Wow, out of the hospital so fast, that's awesome! I hope the MRI shows good news and that Butkus has a long, happy rest of his life.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.