Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

We all know that you more than anyone have Cosmo's best interests at heart........please don't feel you have to explain

It's difficult to let them go but as long as she is happy to stay enjoy each day as it comes.

God bless

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

Crying tears of relief that you have more time with your baby girl! I know you only want what's best for Cosmo and I think you are doing exactly that. :grouphug My prayers are with you that the pred helps and that we will reading updates that include *my baby girl is feeling better*

Guest Tuxsmom
I feel guilty in some way for taking you all on this ride with us so I hope you'll forgive me for putting you all through this too. I can really tell how much all of you care. I really didn't think Cosmo would be coming back home with us. Dr. Matz is being very frank with us that she doesn't think Cosmo has a whole lot more time, but she did think there was some quality to be had and based on that we decided to try another thing or two. Thank you so much for rooting for Cosmo so hard and standing by us at this difficult time.

Please don't feel that way. I have to admit I felt that way with Penny last month, too. I felt like I was "crying wolf" half the time, only to report she was so much better the next day. But then so much worse the next day.. etc etc

What I have learned is that that's the way it is :grouphug Our greyhounds can't talk to us, so we are shooting in the dark sometimes when it comes to their quality of life. All we can go by is their clues to us. Whatever we all do, we do it out of love and it is always the right decision at that time.

I am SO very glad Cosmo came home !!!!! :yay: :yay: And I hope it looks better from here on out :hope:

Either way, I think everyone here is behind you, understands, and want to support you in any way we can :grouphug:

I feel guilty in some way for taking you all on this ride with us so I hope you'll forgive me for putting you all through this too. I can really tell how much all of you care. I really didn't think Cosmo would be coming back home with us. Dr. Matz is being very frank with us that she doesn't think Cosmo has a whole lot more time, but she did think there was some quality to be had and based on that we decided to try another thing or two. Thank you so much for rooting for Cosmo so hard and standing by us at this difficult time.

Please don't feel that way. I have to admit I felt that way with Penny last month, too. I felt like I was "crying wolf" half the time, only to report she was so much better the next day. But then so much worse the next day.. etc etc

What I have learned is that that's the way it is :grouphug Our greyhounds can't talk to us, so we are shooting in the dark sometimes when it comes to their quality of life. All we can go by is their clues to us. Whatever we all do, we do it out of love and it is always the right decision at that time.

I am SO very glad Cosmo came home !!!!! :yay: :yay: And I hope it looks better from here on out :hope:

Either way, I think everyone here is behind you, understands, and want to support you in any way we can :grouphug:

Ditto!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest 3greysinPA

oh... i am so happy for you and your family and for Cosmo. :yay .. so happy that you still have more time together and that she is a little better... what wonderful news. :wub:

Tracey that's exactly what this is, a wild ride. We are here to take it with you as much as we possibly can. As long as she want s to keep soldiering on, we'll happily rejoice with you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

The vet said it could take 1 1/2 - 2 days for the pred to start working but I don't know... she had her first dose at 10 pm last night.

Jason carried her downstairs to go potty when we got up today but once on her feet she was getting around much, much better. I let her back in and expected her to go lie down in the living room, but before we knew what was happening she was bounding back up the stairs to our bedroom. And once there she ate most of a Milkbone. It's been days since she's done either. All I can think now is thank heavens we brought her back home with us last night since she's clearly not finished here yet.

Thanks so much for all the love and support, you guys. It means the world.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so glad that it wasn't time for Cosmo to go to the bridge just yet.. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that everything continues to go well at home for her and she feels great for a good long time! :-)

Wow! This is awesome news.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest VirginiaGreys

Tracey...although I don't post here often...mostly because it's so darn difficult to...since it brings so many emotions out still over the loss of my sweet Dodge...I do read each post from you and others. I am also on this roller coaster ...though not as hard...but I'm there with you emotionally...as many of us are that have been through what you are going through.

You keep doing what you feel is right and you'll know when it's time...but for now...there still is hope and I hope too...that you will get MANY more days/weeks/months with Cosmo...she sure is a trooper and brave too!...as you are!

Today is good :confetti

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!