Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

Tracey, this is not the outcome that anyone wanted for you and your girl. Keeping you and Jason and Cosmo in my thoughts and prayers.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

Tracey, Jason and Cosmo,

I woke up this morning with a prayer for you all and a hug coming from my heart to you on what may be the most difficult day in your lives.

We are here to walk with you through this journey. We will try to have our love and thoughts and prayers carry you through. :bighug

Tracey! :grouphug You and seet Cosmo are in my heart and my thoughts today. This is such a difficult heartwrenching journey.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, Tracey....I just read the latest update, and I'm sooooo sorry. :bighug We know in our hearts when it's the right thing to do. Knowing it's right doesn't make it any easier.

Hang in there, and give the lovely girl some ear-scritches for me.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Oh, Tracey, it's hard to find words for the sadness everyone is feeling for you and Cosmo. As we shared your journey, I think all of us were filled with hope that she would have so much more time. If love alone could defeat the monster, she would be with you for many years. Our hearts are breaking with yours that it couldn't be so.

You have a way of putting things that is so tender and perceptive, and shows so clearly the love that you and Cosmo share. Just reading "so long for a while" in your updated title makes me certain that you are absolutely right about that---you WILL be together again.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry. MY heart hurts for you because I remember the feeling of helplessness all too well. Seems she might be telling you, however, and now you just need to allow her to go if she needs to. Dang, it is so hard though...

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest paulamariez

I am so sorry about your precious Cosmo. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending you some hugs and doggie kisses. I will send our beloved Chief, Nikki and Bandit to greet Cosmo at the Bridge and show her around. She already has some friends there waiting for her and you will see her again someday!

Thanks so much for all the good thoughts, guys. They mean the world. I've been wracking my brain and poring over the internet trying to find anything else we can do. It's so frustrating. She seems fine, if only she had still had the strength to get up on her own. I know as the dose of lasix has gone up she's gotten weaker. Don't know how quickly or severely she could become potassium deficient due to the lasix but we'll ask the vet about it. It's just so hard to wrap my head around this. She lies on her bed napping quietly, eats and drinks well, looks around and looks interested in stuff when she's not sleeping. She looks like herself most of the time. But she just can't get up on her own. Jason doesn't want to let her go yet and I don't know what the answer is. Please throw any extra prayers at us for the next hour or two if you don't mind as we're leaving shortly for her appointment.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

sending gentle thoughts your way.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

You've got our prayers, Tracey. I remember the feeling of wracking my brain and the internet when we were looking for answers for Jeany. Whatever you decide today, know that all of us love you and trust that you will make the best decision possible. Cosmo has been and continues to be a lucky girl to have you and Jason loving and caring for her.

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif