Steph Went To The Bridge Yesterday

Guest Elwood

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elwood

Thank you all for your words of comfort and support.

It means the world to Stacy and I.

Greyhound people must be the most special on the planet.

I'm so happy I have a place to express what I'm feeling over Stephs passing

God bless you all and god bless our hounds.

Marc

I am sorry for your friend's loss of Steph, she was a beautiful girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest StephsMom

Hi, this is Stacy...Steph's Mom...

I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone here for there wonderful support during this most difficult time.

I was so fortunate to be blessed with Steph. My Steph was one of the sweetest souls imaginable. She truly was my angel. One look from her and the hardest of hearts would melt away. She was so prim and proper at times, and yet had those quirky qualities that made her a canine...like belching (which she always mananged to do in your face!) and oh my her flatulence! PHEW...nuclear bombs they were. Back when we first adopted her in 2001, my ex and I always joked that her Native American name was 'Passing Gas' because she did it so well...silent but deadly! And, even that, she did in a dignified way! LOL. And those eyes! Those greyhound eyes!! She knew how to give me that 'look' to get that extra treat or coerce me out of my last bite of dinner. And she deserved every ounce...and so much more.

Ahhh....Steph...I miss her so much. She was incredible in so many ways, as all greys are. She was my child, as I have none, and she was my ever faithful side-kick. I took her everywhere, and she was always ready to go. She didn't care as long as she was with me. We were so very close, she would sleep beside me and lick my hand all night long if I was sick, or had insomnia. Just knowing she was there helped me through so many tough nights. Suffering from depression and panic/anxiety disorder, I have felt lost and alone so many times...but Steph was always right there, and always seemed to know just how to make me feel better. She was my Florence Nightingale. And I shared everything with her...the good times and the bad. She was ever playful, her spirit was so vibrant. Even in the end, she wanted to show me that she was strong. She made one last effort to stand and walk - as if she wanted to make me proud. But, in the end, she just wasn't strong enough to fight back. So, I layed next to her on the floor, held her as if we were taking our usual nap, put a stuffie under her head, petted her, spoke gently to her, and told her she would forever be safe and pain-free. And she looked at me with those magnificent eyes and told me once more how much she loved me. Such grace and elegance.

She was known as: Racing Name--Mom's Steph (12/12/98 - 8/11/09). Call Name: Steph. Sweet Steph. Princess Steph. Lil Peanut. Stephie. Steph-a-nator. Steph-a-lupagus. Stephers. Baby Girl. Nosy Posy. Passing Gas. The list goes on and on, but most of all--as I said before--she was My Angel. And now she is truly an angel, running free, chasing and catching bunnies, rolling on dead worms, licking every face, grazing on the grass, lazing in the sun, filling every heart with joy.

I love you Steph, you are my heart dog and always will be.

Thanks to everyone for their love and support.

Hugs and scritches to all.

God Bless,

Stacy

Thank you all for your words of comfort and support.

It means the world to Stacy and I.

Greyhound people must be the most special on the planet.

I'm so happy I have a place to express what I'm feeling over Stephs passing

God bless you all and god bless our hounds.

Marc

I'm so sorry you all lost Steph.

She was an absolutely beautiful girl and I know she had a lot of friends waiting for her across the bridge.

Kelly

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05