Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well surprisingly, Outlaw did sleep good last night, not too sure what he was up to with the pacing and restlessness. He did cry out once last night, the first time I had heard him do that in a while, so it very well may have been pain that he was pacing for :( He has been pretty inactive today, laying around a lot like yesterday, hopefully that doesn't mean that he will repeat last nights episode. We had company over for about two hours today and he was fighting for his share of her attention along with the rest of them, I had to play defense and keep the other dogs from jostling him and he enjoyed her visit :) I will update more tonite.

LaFlaca- :clap I am so glad that Wendy likes her collar!!! Her momma has good taste in colors ;)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest monica
Been thinking of Outlaw. Hope he managed to get some rest last night. :goodluck:candle

Just one of outlaws fans checking in, Monica the mom of Chico, Clara and Blanquete. Praying for healing of his spine. It's as if Outlaw had blunt force trauma and wandering about the initial injury to his foot. Did he have a bad fall in the beginning?

He can't tell us which makes it all so difficult. I have had chiro care and when one area healed, another area which took the load flared up. If a nerve is being impinged upon he will have pain and interference of the muscles involved. Just some thoughts. Much LOVE is sent your way for healing

Outlaw and Holly (and Stepper too)

Maddie sends you all a big wet kiss from her. Hope that things get better soon.

Amy and Maddie

Wubs you guys

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Holding Outlaw in my prayers... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Prior to the episode on that same day Outlaw was pacing........had he moved about done more exercise than normal?

Could have been that.... or gas maybe?

Hoping no news is good news today........thinking of you all

Edited by crazygang

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest 3greysinPA

hi HOlly.... have not heard from you in a day or so... thinking of you .. your family... your hounds... making sure everyone is ok... :grouphug

Getting a little concerned now.........Any news today?

Sending continued well wishes for Outlaw.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest TheUnrulyHound

no we are all fine, I got swamped with tons of stuff to do the last few days... sorry about that :blush Outlaw is fine, he is walking better but momma ran out of meatloaf again so this morning he didn't want to eat :rolleyes: guess what is baking :P I know I know I should be more on top of it.... I mixed some goldfish crackers in there and he decided that was acceptable ;)

We are having issues with crowding now, for the last month or so when Outlaw was on his bed no one came near him, I guess now that the other hounds know he is no danger anymore they will stand and step over him while he is laying down!!!! If I yell at them while they do it they will tear off and step on him, If I say nothing but calmly ask them to move, they still step on him. Yesterday he acquired a nasty bruise from Streamer and a few days ago Cabby stepped on him too causing a small bloody spot. I was FURIOUS!!!! none of them do that to any other dog but Outlaw now! And poor Outlaw just screams and cries :weep :weep I just don't know what to do, I keep Outlaw right next to me all the time so I can shoo them away.... I have been pondering a spot to put him where he can still be close to me but also out of the way and I just don't see one that is available.... I may have to move some furniture.....

Anyhow that is about it for now, If I get caught up I will update more later tonight

Guest 3greysinPA

hi holly,

just checking in.... saying hello... letting you know i was thinking of you....the family and all the hounds.. and animals.

I'm glad Outlaw is doing better.

Do you keep collars on your dogs? Because I think I'd (gently but firmly) grasp the collar and steer the other dog out of there.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Energy11

I think you are looking at a dominance thing with your other dogs toward Outlaw. It is the pack mentality ... they KNOW Outlaw is sick, and they want to dominate.

I guess, best to somehow, baby gate him away from the others, or whatever you can do. The last thing you'd want is for them to attack them. Happened to me when I had old Dasher, 13. He was out back, and fell, ALL FIVE packed on him and started trying to rip him up! I intervened and no one got hurt, but poor old Dasher was a mess!

Good Luck with this, I feel for you!

Do you have an ex-pen? You can set it up around Outlaw's bed and leave a gap Outlaw can get in and out through, but you'll have a better chance of heading off the other dogs.

ETA: And you can close the gap if you need to leave the room and don't trust the others not to pick on Outlaw in your absence.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest PhillyPups
Do you have an ex-pen? You can set it up around Outlaw's bed and leave a gap Outlaw can get in and out through, but you'll have a better chance of heading off the other dogs.

ETA: And you can close the gap if you need to leave the room and don't trust the others not to pick on Outlaw in your absence.

My thoughts exactly and a squirt bottle on your waistband, ready to be quickdraw Mcgraw should they try to get in the x-pen. Good luck.