Ivy-blue...18.11.1996 - 27.07.2009

marion

I'm devastated! Today at 13.30h I had to let him go, he passed peacefully in my arms.

It has been for quite a while that Ivy lost strength in his hind legs but his impressing life spirits helped him to

fight and I helped him as well as I could. In the last time his forelegs started to loose strength too and walking was

every day mor difficult for him. In the last 8 months he just 'lost' his stools in our house as his 'controls' didn't

work anymore. But he wanted to live by all means and I helped him climb stairs, picked him up when he fell

and got up every night several times to put him right back in his bed where he often fell out.

In the last weeks he was on PRED and things seemed kind of 'stable'...but in these lsat days his legs just

didn't accompany him anymore in his desire to stay with us and he fell too often, couldn't get back on his feet

and started to have a bad time. The sad fact is that Ivy was perfect in his organism, wonderful blood, no digestive

problems, he could see and hear and seemed a young chap...only his legs.

So today I let him go in tears, my sweet boy...

He had a wonderful life, that's my only satisfaction.

For of GT who have known Ivy I attach a little slideshow with music from better days...

Run free my sweet boy...I'll never ever forget you!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Marion. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your most handsome Ivy.

Godspeed, beloved fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest GriffinsMom

I am weeping reading your description of Ivy. My loss of Griffin was similar. He was strong in spirit and love of life but his body gave out on him and he could no longer walk or function. I am so sorry for your loss Marion. My heart is breaking all over again for you and Ivy. Godspeed to the Bridge Ivy. Griffin will be there to greet you.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Marion I'm so sorry to hear of Ivy's passing, he certainly was a beautiful boy.

Godspeed Ivy, may you now run free with the wind at the Bridge.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I knew this day was coming. I am devastated right along with you now that the day is here my friend. I have no sound here at work. I'll watch your show when I get home. Godspeed Ivy.

A better life than the one you lived can not be found anywhere. I will miss you sweet boy. :gh_run

You are so right Marion....he did truly have a wonderful life :colgate I am just so sorry that you are going to miss him so very much. Thinking of you :f_white:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Marion, I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 Over the years, I've loved your pics and stories about Ivy. He was one happy and cherished boy. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Ivy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Marion,

My heart sank when I saw the thread title - Not Ivy! I am so very sorry for your loss.

gentle hugs to you. f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Run free, sweet Ivy - all your limbs work perfectly at the bridge. :gh_run2:gh_runner:gh_run

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

My heart breaks for you. :f_red Now run free dearest Ivy on strong healthy legs. :gh_run Perhaps you will meet my Ivy :angelwings - a beautiful dark brindle female angel-at the bridge. She was like you only OS took her legs, but as long as she had 3 she still would happily "fly."

Once again I sit here with a broken heart and tears. Our greys leave us much too soon, their strength of spirit will be with us always. I am so sorry you lost Ivy. :f_red

You did all you could for your beautiful boy, your memories will always be there to warm your heart, and you know he will be there for you at the bridge. :f_red

Guest PhillyPups

Marion,

I am so truly saddened and so sorry for your loss of your wonderful Ivy, what you were dealing with sounds so much like my Stepper, I am feeling both losses today :bighug to you lady.

Run with the angels sweet Ivy ~ you are with some of the best ever ~

Pat

Guest KennelMom

I'm so sorry :grouphug

He had a wonderful life, that's my only satisfaction.

Yes, he absolutely did.

Godspeed, sweet Ivy...