Aang & Traveler

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

When I went to check on Hoochie Mama and the pups at 6am, I found little Aang underneath his mom. Though Ken tried to breathe life back into him, he was gone and there was nothing we could do.

We are heartbroken. It seem so unfair for a little life to be gone so soon.

I showed him to Hoochie because I didn't want to just take him away, and first she started to gently lift him out of my hands. Then she sniffed him a few times, licked him twice and laid her head down :cry1

We will bury Aang this morning.

Aang had the custest little stripe on his head. Ken named him after main character in the series Avatar and the upcoming movie, The Last Airbender.

3705570486_6ce9d50873_o.jpg

I'm so sorry, little buddy...I know your Mama didn't mean to hurt you.

Traveler passed away a few hours after little Aang. We aren't sure why he didn't live...he seemed like one of the strongest and mose active of the pups. He was always on the move...he was the first pup I named because he was almost always travelin' somewhere. The morning he passed away, he kept leaving his mom and he'd be in the middle of the whelping box by himself. I kept moving back to mom, but he kept leaving her. When we found him, we just thought he was sleeping with some of his brothers.

Godspeed, little Traveler...you are now Forever Home with our family... :cry1

3703612829_cf76b94a93.jpg

Edited by KennelMom

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad. RIP littlest angel.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest greyt2love

Oh, no ! Poor tiny boy !! Such a sad thing to happen so soon after the joy of the puppies arriving. It must be so hard for you and Ken, having held that little boy. It brought me to tears and I've never seen more than pictures. Godspeed little boy. There must be a child or maybe a broodie in heaven that needed a puppy to raise.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I know how much this hurts and I'm so sorry

GOD SPEED Aang, there's another little boy pup up there who would love to play with you. You guys will sorta be like ying and yang.

:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Sweet baby :( I am so sorry, I know he will be with the little runt "Ears" and have all the broodie angels fawning over him..... :candle

Guest PhillyPups

Run and play with the angels sweet Little Aang - I know there are many Mama Dogs at the bridge that will take care of you -

Heather, Ken and Hoochie, I am so very very sorry for your loss. You all have done everything possible to keep all safe.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Poor little fellow, you would have made someone a wonderful pet. I know that your Mama did her very best to keep you safe, and so did your guardian angels Heather and Ken. Sometimes, things just happen. God Bless you little one. Run free with the other puppies in heaven.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm sorry. I can imagine -- only just -- how hard this is for you two.

Godspeed, beloved little boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)