Waiting For A Radiology Read

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Demon has had a funny gait with his front legs for a few months now. I could never quite identify which front leg was the problem. At his annual last month, the Vet could only find some "crackling" in one of his wrists. A week ago, Demon started favoring his front left. The Vet still didn't find anything alarming. He was put on coated aspirin twice a day and we scheduled an xray for 10 days later just in case. Yesterday he was worse so we moved the xray up to today. xrays showed his heart was "huge". Not just greyhound large, but huge. They also found a "moth eaten" lesion at the top of his humerus. The lungs did not look clear but the Vet said it didn't look like classic mets. The films have been sent to Tufts for a radiologist to read. We probably won't have the read until Thursday. It looks like hemangiosarcoma and/or osteosarcoma are the 2 top possibilities. :weep Demon is only 6.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Lets hope the read is better than what the vet thinks.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Nooooooooooooooo! I hope you get better news than what your vet thinks. You also know I'm a big believer in second or third opinions. You know where to go for help. Hang in there. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Energy11

Love and prayers coming from here ... hoping it isn't serious.

More good thoughts for Demon. I hope initial findings were wrong.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Tuxsmom

I hate that you have to wait so long. :( I am a huge believer in 2nd & 3rd opinions, too. Where there is doubt, there is hope.

Sending lots & lots of :hope