Julio

Brindles

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts

My heart just sank when I saw this! :cry1 Julio was one of my favorite non-greys on GT! May God hold your aching heart in his hands! :grouphug :grouphug

We'll miss you Julio :( Sleep tight little man :beatheart

I'm very sorry :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellow

What a great life Julio had though! He was loved by so many. :beatheart

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and well wishes. I really appreciate the comments. It still hasn't really hit me yet.

I feel like I'm treading water and trying not to sink, even though I know I will sooner or later.

How long do you have to wait? :(

This sucks.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

There are times when I'm going along just fine Rachel and then something small will remind me of Emmy or Andy and I lose it all over again. I don't know how long it takes, but you're right, it sucks. :grouphug

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I was wondering how you are doing today Rachel. Yep, it does suck. :grouphug

Feel free to come here and vent any time. We have all been there. For some people it helps to talk about it, others not so much. If it helps you to talk about Julio, we are happy to listen.

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

It's just weird, you know? Julio has been a part of my life for almost 12 years now. We got him when I was 10 years old. I've spent more time with Julio than I have with any of my friends, even my closest long-term friends. A month and a half ago I had four dogs. Now I'm down to just two. It's weird to think that it's just us now. Although I guess in the long run it will be easier. It still feels like I need to go pick him up from the vet or like maybe my mom is keeping him for the weekend.

Julio used to scratch up the rugs and make himself a pillow to sleep on. I was always constantly flattening them back out. Today when I got home the greyhounds greeted me at the door as usual, and the rug by the front door had been scratched at and made into a pillow. Not to the extent that Julio always did it, but the greyhounds have never ever messed with the rugs, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

As much as this sucks, his... passing? I guess... was just like I wanted it to be. It's just weird to think he's gone.

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Guest BlackandBrindle

Oh Rachel, I am so incredibly sorry. :grouphug

Julio was such a special boy. He was brave and sweet, adorable and loving. Julio was my very first greytalk crush.

Godspeed sweet boy. Know that you were loved.

Awww, Nancy... :wub:

For those who don't know, there was nothing in the world that Julio loved more than pizza. Before I took him to the vet, I went to the store and got him a frozen pizza and cooked it for him. He got to eat the whole thing. :)

lastpizza01.jpg

lastpizza02.jpg

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg