I Don't Post Often, But Gracie Needs Many Prayers Right Now

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will run blood work again around 10 and I'll hopefully know more of what is happening then. Right now our biggest concern isn't what the cause of the seizures are, but rather if she will go into organ/system failure due to DIC, if she will go into sepsis as a complication of DIC, if fluid will fill her lungs, etc.

Thanks for the prayers. Keep up coming. They are a powerful thing, and I can't seem to do anything other than cry and pray. My son is thankfully napping right now, but he is so confused about why I am so upset.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Guest EmilyAnne

OMG, just now seeing this, and definately your girl is in my prayers. I've no experience with seizure that doesnt stop, only ones that last several minutes. I can imagine that must have been downright terrifying! I'm glad they were able to get it to stop. Hopefully no more! There is a theory that seizures create a pathway in the brain, paving the way for more seizures, so with what she has been through, I imagine starting some anti epileptic drugs would be a good idea? Your vet will know. Henry is doing really good on his Pheno, almost no side effects, and seizures are a lot milder.

Oh, and one more thing, the first time Henry had really bad cluster of seizures, he was not all there for quite a while. A week later, I was worried thinking that was he would never be able to get back to where he was before, until several others who have dogs with epilepsy told me that with the really bad clusters/status, it can take a full month to get all recovery back. And after a month, he really was a lot better!

We are here to support you all the way through, and answer any questions the best we can.

I don't know what DIC is, but I am praying your girl does not go into DIC. :hope

:grouphug

Guest westexhound

Sending healing thoughts for Gracie. Just getting through (I hope) a close call with one of our dogs I can certainly relate to the immense emotional stress you are going through - so lots of gentle :grouphug for you and your family.

I'm just seeing this. Your poor baby! Sending prayers for a complete recovery, and hoping for a positive update soon.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown