Emmy Got Out Again!

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

A couple of weeks ago I posted about Emmy getting out because the landscaper guys left the gate open ---> link.

Well I got a call today that the same thing happened! So I'm racing home and then the owner of the landscape company calls me again and tells me she's running down Hayden which is a very busy street with 3 lanes of traffic on each side! Now I'm freaking out even worse and feel like throwing up but of course I can't do that because I need to get home. Then the guy calls me again and say they caught her. I called my dad to go over and see how she is and when I get home there's blood everywhere in the house and Emmy looks like she's going to collapse. She ran so hard and fast and it was about 103 out that she tore the bottoms of her pads right off but some were just dangling. I picked her up and took her immediately to the vet and they checked her out and said her temperature was okay but they wanted to give her fluids anyway and then they would trim her pads and bandage up her feet. She has 3 feet torn up! Poor poor baby girl! I'll pick her up in a couple of hours and God only knows what the bill is going to be. Speaking of which....

I'm so livid I can hardly see straight! I told the guy that I expected him to pay the bill although he's swearing up and down it's not his fault Emmy got out. HELLO! He has been doing my yard for over a year and this only just started happening? DUH whose fault is that (besides mine for giving these guys another chance). Meanwhile I look in my backyard and someone trimmed up my palm trees. I didn't authorize anyone to do that and I suspect that my crappy horrible neighbor whom I loathe had the guys do mine as well as his. That is part of the problem. They weren't just quick in and out of my yard mowing, they were trimming the trees which would have freaked Emmy out even more! Had I known they were going to do that then I would have stayed home. Anyway, it's a mystery and I haven't got all the details yet. All I know is that these guys are never going to do my backyard again when I'm not home and they're going to pay the vet bill!

I'll update later when I know more from the vet and everyone else.

Donna

OMG one of the guys just came over to my side window and peed on the side of my house!!!!!!!!! :angryfire:angryfire What the heck! I know they can't see me in here but still. I'm fit to be tied!

Edited by Spencers_Greyt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be livid, too ... and I'd put padlocks on the fence.

Hugs and hopes your baby girl makes a quick, easy recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest fatesrelease

**. Those guys are ass*****!!! I would be so mad. Grr. I hope things get worked out and I'm glad Emmy is at least safe now.

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Why are they still there? Didn't you kick them out?

They're out and I locked the gate. I only leave the gate unlocked on Thurs. so they can mow my backyard. I also leave it unlocked on Friday for the pool guy. Both of them lock the gate when they're through. I now don't trust the yard guys so the gate will be locked on Thurs. now. The pool guy I completely trust and I've never had a problem with him.

Most important, thank God she's okay!

And if they did the palm trees, that probably really scared her. I just had mine done and I was grateful it was done before Lenny came.

It's loud, and the guys are up and down and even the ladders they use for the lower ones are noisy.

I would padlock the gate for sure, and I do hope they pay the vet bill!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

I'D LOCK my gates and keep these IDIOTS away from my dogs AND my property!

Keep us posted! I'd threaten legal action on them, if they won't pay the vet bills!

I would be living and they sure as HE77 would never work on my yard again. I'm so glad Emmy is okay.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest FrostyBottoms

OMG!!! Thank goodness Emmy was caught! Did you say anything to the owner about the jerk peeing in your yard????

I would be very upset too and I would make them pay the bill!!!! Thank God yopu got her back....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Holy Sh...mokes! That's ... words fail. Sue 'em, lock the gates, fire 'em, and give that poor pup some rescue remedy (and have an adult beverage suitable for the experience!) Grrr!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Glad to hear your baby is safe.

Honestly, I would fire these people right away. This is now twice they they have endangered the life of one of your family members, not to mention urinated in front of you.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest CDNgreys

Thank heavens Emmy is home and on the mend.

My boy ran the pads off of his feet, as well.

I admire your restraint for not diving thru the window when the guy was whizzing on your house!!!

As for the vet bill.....GO GET 'EM!!!

Guest Spencers_Greyt
I'm glad she's ok :grouphug

Why was she outside in the first place?

I have a dog door so she goes outside to be protective of the yard. The Greyhounds never go out if they can help it.