The Luxury Crew Has Lost One...

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

We had to help Paris cross the bridge today. She would have been nine next month...they suspect a spinal tumor. She started with a limp two weeks ago, then we took her to the vet again yesterday. She was going to give her meds to treat a possible bad disc, but then she lost the use of her body very quickly and she was in much pain...overnight. This morning, she couldn't get up. They carried her outside to pee, and she could barely do that. As fast as it happened, that's all we can guess is a tumor.

She was always our "crochety old lady", but was also the one with the most health problems.

I laid with my head on her chest and rubbed her belly until her heart stopped...my heart is breaking... :weep:(

Our last photo of her.

Parisonherlastday002.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{{{{{{{{{Bethany}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry.

Run with the wind, precious girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no, I am so sorry.

I too will never forget holding Polli close, my head on her chest, until she basically had a heart attack and passed. It was such a horrible thing to do, but yet, the only humane thing to do.

Sending many prayers for you and your family.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytful4

I'm so very sorry,I know how you feel. I just bet there was a joyous reunion of all those babies before her at the bridge this morning. :f_pink

Guest IrskasMom

It always breaks my Heart to hear of another beautiful Baby gone . I am truly very sorry :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Edited by IrskasMom

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Godspeed, Miss Paris... :gh_run Go run like the wind with the angels. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups

Bethany,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is the hardest gift of love we can give our beloved hounds, being right there with them through the end, the last thing they feel being our touch, the last voice being ours telling them how much they are loved. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Paris, you are with some of the very best ever ~

Edited by PhillyPups

I'm so sorry

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest ss556

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is. At least we can end their pain. Run free Paris - many others are there for you!

:f_pink:gh_run

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was much too young.

Godspeed Paris.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest charmsmom
Bethany,

Run with the angels sweet Cash, you are with some of the very best ever ~

Cash is fine...we just had to re-home him because he couldn't handle our kids... but thanks for the kind words, all of you.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1:(

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

Rest in peace, Paris... :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl & too young to leave you. Godspeed Paris! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh, Bethany, I am so sorry about Paris.

Run free at the Bridge, beautiful girl.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France