Willie Is At The Bridge

Guest greydogluvr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Lora, my heart is breaking for you. I stopped into the black dogs club last night, and Claudia had asked to keep you and Willie in our prayers. I've been thinking of both of you ever since. Even though I was fairly certain I'd see your post today, it still hit me as if he was one of my own. From the start, following Willie's journey and the many changes, both scary and positive, I wanted to believe that he would be the one to beat the osteo at it's game. But cancer is such a crapshoot. Sometimes when we do everything we can, we get more precious time. And sometimes everything we do is not enough to keep our beloved hounds safe from this blind monster. And God knows, you gave it your all---your time, your money, your faith, and most of all, your love. That knowledge is something that can never be taken away. And knowing that you gave him time---though not nearly as long as you hoped---to blossom so joyfully and celebrate each day, is a gift that your heart can treasure.

I understand the deep sadness you are feeling. Take the time you need to grieve for Willie. But remember how blessed you both were to have found each other. And know that we are sharing your sadness.

Hugs to you---you're in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Lora- no matter what I say, nothing will ease the pain, but time.

I wish there was something I could say or do.

You are in my thoughts. I am so so very sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to feel like you "beat" it. All of a sudden you get broadsided and things get out of control so quickly.

I am so sorry.

Run Pain Free Willie. You will be missed.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

There are no words that will comfort you at this time - everyone here is feeling your sorrow.......peace be with you

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am so sorry he had to leave! He touched a lot of hearts here on GT. Run with all the other bridge kids, dear Willie! :brokenheart

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry to read of your loss. Willie fought such a brave battle and you did everything possible to heal him. He had such a sweet and handsome face - I know how much you loved him and will miss him terribly. Please know we are all thinking of you.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy