Sydney Sue

Valencia

Sydney Sue was diagnosed with Lymphoma two and a half months ago. Last night, I made the painful decision to send her to the bridge, her spirit was so strong, but her body could no longer keep going. Our vet came to the house, and Sydney laid on her bed, and just went to sleep. It was so beautiful and peaceful. My baby girl is no longer suffering.

Oh, Sydney Sue, how I will miss you. You were such a strong, brave soul, and you never once wavered. You were such a strong presence in the house, and such an alpha girl. All the fosters quickly learned to not invade your space, and they also learned to look up to you and follow you, because you gave everyone confidence. I could always count on you to be happy and solid, no matter how many changes we went through. You approached life with such energy, and never hesitated to look for more adventure. I will so miss the squirrel patrol, the lizard chasing, the foster chasing. I will miss your spots, your soulful brown eyes, your roaching on the couch, hogging the entire space. I will miss your hooking your leg on my ankle when I walk by you, your perked ears when you think I might have a treat for you, your sleeping in my bed with me. My heart aches for the loss of you, even though I know it was the right decision and your body couldn't fight anymore. Your spirit stayed strong, to the very end, and I will always remember you for that, and admire you for that. You were an amazing dog, and an amazing friend. I love you and miss you, my angel.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Sydney.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss. Sydney Sue does sound like an amazing girl and you have many wonderful moments that you shared together. It hurts so much to have to say goodbye and I wish I had to words to comfort you. May all those sweet memories of your beautiful girl help to heal your heartache and eventually bring smiles.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Sydney Sue.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry for your loss. Syndey was beautiful (& silly - the second picture :) & left you too soon. Godspeed Sydney! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry she had to leave you. The final act of love is the gift that is the most difficult.

God speed pretty girl, and run with all the Angels free of pain.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

How you loved her! I'm so sorry you lost your precious girl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry. She looks and sounds like such a special soul. May your memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest iHound

I'm so sorry Shannon :grouphugf_yellow My husband and I both give you our condolences.

I never had the opportunity to meet Sydney Sue but I know how much you loved her. Play hard at the bridge sweet girl.

I am ss sorry for your loss. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project