Kylie Update

Guest Downtownhoundz

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinnie

Waiting anxiously for a Kylie update and hope that you are home and settling in your beautiful and sweet little girl. Hopefully the quick visit means they figured out what was wrong and have given her meds and she is on the road to recovery. Sending additional prayers, hugs and scritches.

Guest greytful4

WHEW...we're home and what a long day for such a pretty cow girlie dog...She is not the same dog that I took to the vet yesterday! She's still very weak, thin and bandaged & shaved everywhere there is a vein. I finally have a diganosis and some answers now, so I am at peace for the moment. She has granulomatus meningeo encephalitis, which is what I was so afraid of. The vet feels that it was early in the progression of this horrible,crippling illness and she is hopeful for a long slow recovery. She said she could relapse so to keep her activity level down and just take things slow with her. They've increased the pred,doxy and put her on another med, which name eludes me at the moment.

She was able to walk unsupported and even take a poop all by herself, this is really good as I had to keep using the sling.

Thank you so much everyone for your continued prayers, concern and support. I am so overwhelmed with the out-pouring of love for my girl and I can't imagine how I would've gotten through this terribly difficult time without all of you!

Diane, I'll be ordering that cookie now!! :yay she's home!!!!!! :confetti:confetti:confetti

Guest houndlover

Wonderful news that your girl is home AND feeling better AND you have a prognosis. :bounce1:bounce1 I hope the meds start doing their job soon and she is back to her old self soon. Maybe now that she is home you can get some rest. :)

Oh, Anne, I'm so happy that you now have a positive diagnosis.

You must be sooooo relieved to have your baby girl home and know that she is on the road to recovery.

Did the vet give an opinion as to how a dog comes down with GME? I have never read anything about it.

It sounds like such a scary thing to witness. Kylie is such a special girl and my prayers for her will continue until

she is fully recovered. You will also be in my thoughts as you help your girl through this illness. God bless you

for loving her the way you do.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

She has my heart and I am soooo relieved.

L

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Vinnie

Anne I am so happy that Kylie is home and on the slow road to recovery. How very scary this has all been for you and with so much other stuff going on too! Keeping you all in our prayers and thoughts for continued healing and no relapses. Sending hugs & scritches from us and lots of snuffly kisses from Gus, Gracie and even Uncle Higgins (who love their jimjams modeled by the beautiful Miss Kylie!). So glad you found a good vet!

Guest Winterwish

I'm so happy for you both and so glad to know Kylie is back home with you!! Sending get well prayers and wishes for her full recovery. :getwell:dogcookie:hope

Guest greytful4

Oh, Anne, I'm so happy that you now have a positive diagnosis.

You must be sooooo relieved to have your baby girl home and know that she is on the road to recovery.

Did the vet give an opinion as to how a dog comes down with GME? I have never read anything about it.

It sounds like such a scary thing to witness. Kylie is such a special girl and my prayers for her will continue until

she is fully recovered. You will also be in my thoughts as you help your girl through this illness. God bless you

for loving her the way you do.

Yes, it is thought that it comes from a mosquito bite although the vet said there is no documented research on this link...but it makes a lot of sense. They have vax for horses against mosquitos...but not dogs.People can also get malaria and other disorders from mosquito bites..I guess it all boils down to a compromised immune system at the time of a bite (imho)It's scary because of the mosquito population..

I'm so happy to read you have a diagnosis and treatment plan. Sending prayers for a steady recovery for your baby.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm glad you have the diagnosis and I'm praying for a complete recovery and effective treatment course. Hugs to you both!!!

Shelly in OK

Guest myjazzy

That is such great news!!! :clap I am so glad that your girl is home and you have a diagnosis. It must be such a relief for you because now you know what you are dealing with and how to treat it. It must also be wonderful to see her feeling better and on the mend. I hope she continues to improve and is recovered soon.

Guest friedmaf

Finally, an answer! And something treatable! You go Kylie! Get better soon pretty girl.

And I'm glad to hear you will have a booth at GIG (What wonderful friends --- GH people ROCK!). Charlie needs some jammies!