Kylie Update

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest greytful4

Because the other post has gotten so long I just wanted to bring everyone up to date on my baby girl dog.We went to the vet yesterday for a platelet count and the good news is her count is back up to 150....a huge jump from 52, so I'm happy about that piece of it. She has added two pounds to her emaciated frame..from 64 to 66, I'm also happy about that. However, they STILL don't know what is wrong with her. I have three vets involved now as she continues to deteriorate. Her head is bent an an odd angle ,she still is ataxic for which I give her dramamine.She stumbles and falls when she walks, so I have to use a sling.Her dosage of prednisone has been upped and she is still on the doxy.I gave all the articles that people have sent to me to the vets and they are all sharing information.There was mention of old dog vestibular, brain lesion,west nile virus,but no one knows and is stumped. I can't afford an MRI at this point and I did read where brain lesions and tumors usually start from cancer cells some where else in the body and then lodge there in the brain cells...she did have an ultra sound and they found NOTHING! Today, I am just waiting to hear back from a new vet who came highly recommended.What an emotional roller coaster this has been...I just want my baby girl dog back and to hog my bed, play toys with my daughter, chase the kitties and bug me for cookies again! :weep

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the other post has gotten so long I just wanted to bring everyone up to date on my baby girl dog.We went to the vet yesterday for a platelet count and the good news is her count is back up to 150....a huge jump from 52, so I'm happy about that piece of it. She has added two pounds to her emaciated frame..from 64 to 66, I'm also happy about that. However, they STILL don't know what is wrong with her. I have three vets involved now as she continues to deteriorate. Her head is bent an an odd angle ,she still is ataxic for which I give her dramamine.She stumbles and falls when she walks, so I have to use a sling.Her dosage of prednisone has been upped and she is still on the doxy.I gave all the articles that people have sent to me to the vets and they are all sharing information.There was mention of old dog vestibular, brain lesion,west nile virus,but no one knows and is stumped. I can't afford an MRI at this point and I did read where brain lesions and tumors usually start from cancer cells some where else in the body and then lodge there in the brain cells...she did have an ultra sound and they found NOTHING! Today, I am just waiting to hear back from a new vet who came highly recommended.What an emotional roller coaster this has been...I just want my baby girl dog back and to hog my bed, play toys with my daughter, chase the kitties and bug me for cookies again! :weep

What dosage of Doxy? hopefully it was significantly increased.

Guest Energy11
Sending hugs for you :grouphug.....and prayers for Kylie!! :hope

Hang in there! Maybe this new vet can offer some answers!!

I know where you are coming from! Curfew (we think HE has a brain tumor), goes to see his vet today. He is awake most nights, ... last we think he is irritable at night, because he might be losing his sight, so we keep the lights on. I DO KNOW what you are going through! I HAD TO SLEEP last night, so my husband stayed up to help Curfew. I went through this six years ago, with a husband dying of cancer. I did ALL the care, because I was a paramedic, and could! It nearly killed me, and this, with Curfew, feels the same!

Have you contacted Ohio State University and Dr. Couto or Dr. Marin? They will return your emails, and you can CALL them as well! They run the Greyhound Wellness Program up there. PLEASE DO, if you haven't already contacted them! Emails: couto.1@osu.edu (for Dr. Couto) Greyhound@cvm.osu.edu (Dr. Lilliana Marin).

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR BABY IS, AND PLEASE, TRY CONTACTING OSU!

Lots of hugs from Dee and Curfew, and my other four.

Holding your baby girl in my prayers. :hope Glad that she's a little better in small ways. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Thank you for taking the time (and energy) to do the update, this is the first place I went to when I got on the web today, I just had to know how it went last night.

Anne -

We are thinking of you and Kylie and praying for her daily. We have a our fingers and paws crossed here for you both.

Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest ss556

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. A nasty roller coaster ride indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kylie.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I know how hard this is on you! I went through months of not knowing with Spencer. Hang in there and Kylie continues to be in my prayers! :bighug

I'm so sorry there's no Rx yet. It sounds like such a minor thing, but did she have a BP taken? Did she have a stroke? I ask only because I never see you say anything about that.

I have a very special place in my heart for cowgirls. C'mon Kylie, we're all pulling for you.

Guest Vinnie

Anne - I am so sorry that you still do not have answers and are going through so much - the not knowing when your sweet little girl is not well is the worst feeling. I hope that this new vet can find some answers quickly for you and get Kylie back to being her normal sweet and goofy self - Gus and Gracie are sending lots of snuffly kisses and keeping their paws crossed for their favorite jimjam model. Definitely try contacting Dr. Cuoto again if you have not heard back from him yet. And feel free to call if you need an ear to lean on, I know you must be beside yourself with worry between Kylie and your sweet Mouse. Hugs and scritches.

Guest greytful4

The new vet just called and said based on what she has reviewed she feels it's one of two things...vestibular disiease or GME...the latter is what I'm so afraid of...I'm taking her right in as soon as my friend ,Linda comes. I'll let everyone know as things progress, they will be keeping her overnight...I'm a wreck here!

Guest greyt2love

Anne, I'm devestated to see this. I so hoped the next Kylie update would be all good news. I continue to keep you and Kylie and Mouse in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, this new vet will be able to give you some answers.

Hugs to you all -

Deb and the RC Gang