Kylie Update

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest greyvettech
The new vet just called and said based on what she has reviewed she feels it's one of two things...vestibular disiease or GME...the latter is what I'm so afraid of...I'm taking her right in as soon as my friend ,Linda comes. I'll let everyone know as things progress, they will be keeping her overnight...I'm a wreck here!

Hang in there! :goodluck I hope they find out and she feels better soon..

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many many prayers coming your way. These rides are just the worst, it just rips your heart out seeing them not themselves.

We will light a very special candle for both of you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am holding you and Kylie in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

My heart goes out to you and Kylie and I do so hope there will be an answer for you, and more importantly, reason to hope for a cure.

I was hesitant to bring up the possibility of GME -and to complicate matters, an MRI and lumbar puncture (spinal tap) are usually needed for this diagnosis. If the neurologist does believe this might be GME, try PM'ing 3greys2cats as Roberta has a GH who is now in remission after treatment for GME.

I also know of a very well-known neurologist here in Boston who is one of the GME guru's and has developed a successful treatment protocol - PM me if you'd like this info.

Will be anxious to hear an update when you're up to it. Warmest hugs and continued positive thoughts coming out to you and your sweet baby girl.

Jordan

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

I'm sorry. I hope that the vet can develop a successful treatment.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest greytful4

UPDATE *

Kylie is in intensive care for a few days at the vets office...she is in really bad shape, they had to carry her in and her head was even more twisted. I have never been so scared in all my life.The vet tech there has just been a God send,she sat with me and let me know what they were doing and what Dr.Campbell thinks it might be, which is a meningitis type illness but can't say for certain until the test results come back. My friend Linda came with me and I was so thankful for her support during this extremely difficult time. I feel at peace now knowing that Kylie will be getting the right treatment and care she should have had to begin with...I just wish I hadn't waited so long to go to this vet. But now she's there and I pray that the good Lord will allow my baby girl a whole lot more time on this earth with me.

Guest Vinnie

Adding our voices to your prayers. Oh Anne, I would have been totally freaked out, I am so glad you found this vet. Hope she can get a handle on this quickly so that sweet Kylie gets better and comes home soon. Hugs and scritches.

Guest Winterwish
:hope:hope:grouphug Thinking of you and Kylie so much and and sending prayers. You're such a very loving,dedicated mom to your beautiful Kylie. Please get well soon sweetie. :hope:heart:grouphug

Guest Energy11
UPDATE *

Kylie is in intensive care for a few days at the vets office...she is in really bad shape, they had to carry her in and her head was even more twisted. I have never been so scared in all my life.The vet tech there has just been a God send,she sat with me and let me know what they were doing and what Dr.Campbell thinks it might be, which is a meningitis type illness but can't say for certain until the test results come back. My friend Linda came with me and I was so thankful for her support during this extremely difficult time. I feel at peace now knowing that Kylie will be getting the right treatment and care she should have had to begin with...I just wish I hadn't waited so long to go to this vet. But now she's there and I pray that the good Lord will allow my baby girl a whole lot more time on this earth with me.

Anne, DO THE VETS HAVE ANY IDEAS AT ALL ON KYLIE'S CONDITION? Her symptoms are consistent with a meningitis-type illness. Please keep us posted! Dee and my sick Curfew!

While I'm sure you have had blood work run I was wondering if you have a thyroid panel run. One of the symptoms of Hypothyroidism is head tilt--vestibular like signs. Might be a stretch but, I thought I would throw that out there. Sorry you are both going through this :(

Anne, we're right there with you, holding you and Kylie close.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I hope you're able to get some answers & some help for your sweet Kylie. Many many good thoughts are going out for both of you. :hope

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest myjazzy

Hoping Kyle has an uneventful night at the vet tonight and that she soon starts to be on the mend. The feeling of powerlessness is the worst thing about it. Good thoughts and white light for Kyle. :hope:grouphug