Buds Lady Jean "jeany Bean" 4/5/07-4/10/09

GreyhoundNan

3360504674_55211af707.jpg

(Jeany is the tiny blonde all the way on the right.)

I am still not really believing I am writing this.

The animals arrived here in the UK last Thursday, and I arrived the following Wednesday. Sometime over the weekend Jeany took a bad fall down Simon's staircase, but didn't seem to be too badly hurt. We found out by the day I got here, however, that she had shattered her front left shoulder. We left her at the vet Wednesday night. Jeany couldn't stand up at all this morning, so they did another xray on her back end this time. Apparently she'd dislocated her back left leg at the hip as well, and the damage was pretty severe there. The vet felt, and I agreed, that with the now reduced chance that J would come through this with little pain and the growing chance that she would have to lose that leg as well, that the kindest and most merciful thing to do was to let her go so that she would be free of pain. I'm not really sure how I feel now. I've gotten over the hysteria that my best friend Leah heard in the background I'm sure when Simon called her. I just feel kind of dull and cold.

Please keep Simon in your thoughts too...this is the first pet he's ever lost and he feels very strongly that it is his fault.

Jeany came to me nine years ago, afraid and spooky and unwilling to come out of her crate. She loved her first Daddy Scott, and as animals are able to do so much better than humans, she ignored his faults and was devoted to him. When we left him she grieved, but she happily took on her new role as den mother. She was a definite presence anywhere she went, and she fell so head over heels in love with her new Daddy Simon that she hardly knew I was there any more.

Jeany had lots of crushes...her first was BoBo and then Profile. I think it lessens the pain for me to think of the three of them together again...her tiny little prissy head in between her two giant brothers. After her brothers she was quite smitten with a boy in her obedience class called JD...she failed because she paid more attention to him than anything else. I think her favorite in recent time though was Unka Ray. When I can bear to look at them, I will post some of the pictures I took right before we moved of J on the couch, front paws wrapped around Ray's head. Bless him, he could have gotten up but I think he liked her too.

Jeany was first and foremost a diva princess who could get her Daddy Simon to spoon feed her WATER and her Auntie Janet to pull chicken skin off raw chicken for her, then hold the whole yucky mess for HRH to decide which bit she wanted first. But most of all, she was my precious babygirl, my Jeany Bean, and Simon's Jeany Beany Meany Queenie. She was Auntie Leah's Little One, Daisy's babysitter, and Hunky's soulmate. He seems to know...he let me hold his head in my lap for a long time.

I'm not sure I have any heart left to break.

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godspeed Sweet Jeany. Auntie Janet loves you.

Nancy I've already told you how I feel. I hope it will help to know that Jeany is loved and will be missed by so many of us over here.

Me, Hunky, Jeany and Daisy at Beach Bound Hounds 2008

DSCF4744.jpg

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Vinnie

We are so, so sorry to hear that your sweet girl needed to leave you for now. Run pain free beautiful Jeany. Sending hugs to you and yours.

My heart goes out to you and Simon.

Au revoir, prettiest girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and Simon. I hope that he realizes this was not his fault. :grouphug :grouphug

I'm so very sorry for your sudden loss. She was so very beautiful. Godspeed Jeany! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I'm so terribly sorry. :(

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so very sorry.

gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh, this is absolutely devastating! I'm so sorry you lost your precious Jeany.

What a beautiful little lady she was.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Nancy...there really aren't words. Every post in "Remembrance" is hard for me......but, since I got to meet you and your babies at Sandy Paws, this is especially heartbreaking. :cry1

Please know that you and Simon (and Hunky and Daisy) are in my thoughts and prayers.

Godspeed, sweet Jeany. :gh_run

That was the hardest phone call I have ever had to answer. I love you my friend. You know how I feel right now.

Hugs and Love to you and Simon.

God Speed my Little One. I love you to pieces.

Nancy.. Deniro was pacing and whining this morning. The boys know and send their love too.

Our Gang together, now minus 3 :(

post-586-1239393501_thumb.jpg