Fiona's Surgery

The xrays yesterday morning looked good; the cancer hasn't spread to Fiona's organs yet. The vet removed the lump and will have the test results later in the week. Once they know which type of lymphoma and the stage they can decide on the dose of prednesone, etc.

They sent her home in an e collar but it was pathetic. She couldn't figure out how to walk through a doorway or up stairs without catching the collar. I put her kennel muzzle on her instead to keep her away from the stitches. Tonight I am going to try one of Andy's belly bands; I think it will cover the stitches quite well.

This morning we played a game of "Hide The Pills in a Hot Dog". She won the first round but I eventually won the game. She did not want her dog food but hadn't eaten at all yesterday because of the surgery so I toasted an English muffin and scrambled two eggs. She ate the entire breakfast while lying on her dog bed.

Meanwhile I picked up the first bag of prescription dog food for Sammie the Mutt. A 10 lb bag cost $30! Yup, $3 a pound kibble for the dog that would happily eat her own poop.

How is Fiona feeling today? Lots of good wishes and hugs going to your girl from our house. (and throw in a hug for Sammie too).

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending many prayers and good thought for Fiona.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

How is Fiona feeling today? Lots of good wishes and hugs going to your girl from our house. (and throw in a hug for Sammie too).

Thanks everyone. Fiona is feeling like her regular self the past few days. She is very good about wearing her muzzle but frustrated that she can't pick up her stuffies while wearing it. We take it off whenever we are around to watch her.

No results yet from the biopsy; I am hoping for news today.

Sammie is doing really well. She eats the prescrition food no problem and doesn't mind getting green beans as an add in instead of chicken stew. She hasn't peed in the house in several days so I am encouraged that she has much quality time left.

Saying many prayers :hope and lighting candles :candle for positive news about Fiona and continued good news about Sammie.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I was having dinner with dog-friendly neighbors last night. One has a shelty with lymphoma. She spent the evening going in and out, sniffing around, chewing the host dog's bones, and socializing. Her owner says she's back to her old self, catching mice and running around all day.

I hope your gal will do as well!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

The results of the biopsy are discouraging. The cancer is high grade which, according to the vet, means that it is very likely to spread if it hasn't already. I choose not to do chemo but the vet will consult with an oncologist to see if there is anything we can do that is more aggressive than just prednisone. Right now she is acting like her usual bossy self; I hope we can keep her as happy and comfortable for as long as possible.

I'm sorry for this news. Sending prayers from PA.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry the news wasn't encouraging. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending hugs and hopes that she continues to be happy and bossy for a long time yet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest lynne893
This morning we played a game of "Hide The Pills in a Hot Dog". She won the first round but I eventually won the game. She did not want her dog food but hadn't eaten at all yesterday because of the surgery so I toasted an English muffin and scrambled two eggs. She ate the entire breakfast while lying on her dog bed.

I love this! It's so true. I'm going to try the scrambled eggs soon.

Keep up your positive spirit and humor. You're going to pull through and so is she!!!!