Romeo Has Osteo

Guest Leah

:cry1 I'm so sorry you and Romeo are having to go through this. :grouphug

I am so terribly sorry about your Romeo. :cry1 Please don't feel badly about your decision to not amputate. It is a very painful surgery, and as we have seen lately on GT, doesn't always buy them much time. :sad1

If you don't mind my adding, osteo is enormously painful, and if the bone should break, it is excruciating. When you help your beloved Romeo to the Bridge, it is better a day too soon, than a moment too late. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

My prayers are with you and Romeo. :hope:hope:hope

So very well said.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is your boy doing? I've been thinking of you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Tonight has been a very hard night. He is not doing well. He is panting and won't sit down. When he does sit down he breathes very hard. He has been walking around whining even with the pain meds. I think this is the sign I have been looking for. He is in pain and I can see it. I was hoping this time would not come so soon :( We are going to try and make him comfortable tonight and then tell our precious boy goodbye :(

Tonight has been a very hard night. He is not doing well. He is panting and won't sit down. When he does sit down he breathes very hard. He has been walking around whining even with the pain meds. I think this is the sign I have been looking for. He is in pain and I can see it. I was hoping this time would not come so soon :( We are going to try and make him comfortable tonight and then tell our precious boy goodbye :(

:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

that was one of the ways I knew Snowman was ready to be helped to the bridge. He spent the night pacing and whining even on meds. Hugs to you and wishes for a peacefull trip to the bridge

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest Annie

Leah, my heart is breaking for you and your Romeo. :cry1

I am sending prayers for a peaceful passing for your beloved boy. :hope:hope:hope

Guest BleusysMom

Holding you both in Loving Hands......be Strong for your Laddie......

You will be giving your Romeo your last and most valuable gift.....Peace and No Pain, with You whispering LOVING and WONDERFUL words in his ear....

HUGS......

Sending strength :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We will be thinking gentle thoughts for Romeo and your family today. May his passing be peaceful and your beautiful memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I wish you could have had a few more precious days together. I pray his passing will be peaceful for you.

Sending a gentle hug ..... :grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I am so sorry - I have been following your messages on Romeo and hoped you would have more time with him. My thoughts will be with you and Romeo today. :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Leah,

I so know your pain, and the tremendous amount of love you have in giving sweet Romeo the gift of letting go. It is so hard the pain in that decision is all ours to carry. I have been down this road too many times (one is one too many) and support you and your decision totally.

:bighug to you.

If you need anything or a shoulder to cry on, I am here.

Pat

:cry1:grouphug :grouphug I hope he wasn't in too much pain last night. I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Thinking of you and your beautiful boy Romeo. sadhugsmiley.gif

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.