Romeo Has Osteo

Guest Leah

Guest greydogluvr

I am so sorry. Know that you are doing what is best for your boy. Cherish the time you have with him. He is just beautiful.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I am so so sorry about your sweet boy Romeo. Nobody thinks badly of you for your decision. You do what you have to do for Romeo and yourself, and it will be the right thing. Lots of hugs and Loves in the time you have left.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by LoveMyJoseyBean

Guest myjazzy

I'm so sorry about Romeo. Unfortunately, too many of us have gone through that. Don't feel bad about you decision, if the cancer is aggressive, treatment would probably not buy him much time. Cherish the time you have left with him. :grouphug

I'm so sorry to hear this about Romeo :(

Wishing you many happy days together :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greytbookert

I'm so sorry for this news!

You'll get lots of support from those who have gone through this. Unfortunately, there are many, many people here who have gone through the same thing. :(

I'm so very sorry. We did not opt for anything other than pain management when our Argos was diagnosed. He lasted a month. It was a wonderful month. I wish you and Romeo as many wonderful hours, days, weeks together as possible. :grouphug

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Sending a big fat hug. I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I wouldn't put my big boys through amputation for this kind of cancer either, so I support your decision wholeheartedly.

:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm sorry to hear Romeo's diagnosis. I hope and pray that you have some quality time left with him to make some

special memories. I just hate this disease-it takes way too many babies.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest LolasMom
I'm sorry to hear Romeo's diagnosis. I hope and pray that you have some quality time left with him to make some

special memories. I just hate this disease-it takes way too many babies.

Amen. :grouphug

Guest alf7199

I know I read this somewhere on here before...

We make their pain ours when we give them the ultimate gift of love.

Enjoy your days together and Romeo will let you know when it is time.

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

I am so, so sorry to hear the news. Have you joined Circle of Grey? They were such angels fpr us when we were going through this and lost our pup to Osteo.

I wish you many good days together, each and every one is truly a precous gift.

My heart is breaking for you. :sad1

:grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I'm so sorry, what devastating news. I have had discussions about just this situation if i ever had to face it, I'm 100% behind your decision not to amputate. I wouldn't do it either. I hope you have some more good time with your boy.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Pipi5

I am so sorry. I just lost my Goghbaby in February to osteo sarcoma. I chose not to amp/chemo. I kept him on tramadol & rimadyl. Took lots of pictures. I was careful with what he did & when he became so uncomfortable, we said goodbye.

Edited by Pipi5

:cry1 Oh no! I'm so sorry, Leah! :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest goodtimekid

My heart goes out to you. It is never easy to hear that news. You've made a brave decision for what you think is best for Romeo and yourself. Each hound/person is different. Enjoy the time you have with him and I pray that you have many good days ahead. Hugs