Flippydoo's Journey

She's gonna do just fine! Flippydoo is my heroine! Hugs and prayers all around and special scritches for Warlock, dear boy!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Girl, Flippy had her chemo treatment yesterday and she's doing really good. She's lost a few lbs from the pred so I'm looking for ways to up her calories without adding carbs. She's only getting the pred every other day now so hopefully she'll stop losing weight and I'm going to make a modified version of satin balls without all the grains and try that as a mini meal in between regular meals. Super Girl is very active now that spring is in the air and Sunday she played a game of DoggBall, so she needs the extra calories if she's going to continue being my little tomboy.

Patsie and Strider are over their tummy bug and thankfully Flippy didn't get it. Warlock is still the same...my quiet gentle boy. He says thanks for the thoughts and prayers. It's dog food preparation day for me and I'll be making Warlock fat burgers to see if it helps him gain weight.

Flippy's next chemo is in 2 weeks, and I'm praying she keeps making it look easy.

Love you Super Girl!!

Edited by AngelWhispers

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Denise, so glad that Flippy is doing so good, and that the rest of the pack is better.

Hugs and kisses to everybody and twice as many to Frank....

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Flippy, the Super Girl could use some more prayers and good thoughts! I found a pea size lump today on her neck, near her incision. It could be a suture or scar tissue, but it wasn't there 2 days ago so I'm a little concerned. Flippy is also losing weight and is so thin. She's eating good and is getting 4 meals a day, but she' skinny. Other than those little bumps in the road, her activity level is good and everything is functioning normal. :lol

I'll give her vet a call on Mon to see if she needs a check-up before her next chemo treatment on the 6th.

Thank you everyone.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

:goodluck

I hope the lump and weight loss turn out to be non-issues.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

All fingers crossed, Denise.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending good thoughts for Flippy and for you.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

All appendages crossed. Check.

All prayers headed for Flippydoo's boo-boo. Check.

All healing white light going to Flippydoo's lumps and bumps. Check.

All hugs going to Flippydoo so she can concentrate on gaining weight. Check.

Ok. All systems are a "go".

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys
Flippy, the Super Girl could use some more prayers and good thoughts! I found a pea size lump today on her neck, near her incision. It could be a suture or scar tissue, but it wasn't there 2 days ago so I'm a little concerned. Flippy is also losing weight and is so thin. She's eating good and is getting 4 meals a day, but she' skinny. Other than those little bumps in the road, her activity level is good and everything is functioning normal. :lol

I'll give her vet a call on Mon to see if she needs a check-up before her next chemo treatment on the 6th.

Thank you everyone.

Flippy is in the best hands, you as her momma and Carol as her vet.

Lots of prayers that this little pea sized lump is nothing, nada, zip.

sending many, many prayers the lump is nothing!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 2 weeks later...

Will keep Flippy in my prayers, Denise. Is it possible that it's scar tissue? Sometimes the scar tissue is worse than the lump itself. I speak from experience!

Keep us updated.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Inquiring minds want to know how Miss Flippydoo is doing!