Flippydoo's Journey

I'm going to start a new thread for Flippers. I'll keep it updated so everyone will know how Flippy is doing on her journey to being cancer free. Flippy's journey may also be useful for others with MCT.(mast cell tumor)

Flippy had her first oral round of chemo on Sat. Mar. 7th. She took 60 mgs of Lomustine, also called CCNU.

She started her first 7 day dose of 30 mg of prednisone.

25 mg of benedryl twice a day

Prilosec once a day

Denosyl for liver support

Marin for liver support.

1 scoop of Longevity twice a day

1 A Day multi-vitamin

I also started Flippy on a raw food diet that is grain free.

The benedryl is making her a little sleepy...but baby girl needs her beauty sleep. :)

It's been 24 hours since she received her first chemo and so far she's doing wonderful.

I'm trying to keep everything normal and positive for Flippy and the pack.

Our motto is "What Flippy wants, Flippy gets." Including my banana this morning...piggy girl!

I'll continue updating this first entry daily or as needed.

Keep Flippy in your thoughts and prayers.

Mar. 09th and Flippy girl is outside running, and playing with the boys, and enjoying our spring weather.

It's been 48 hours since chemo and she's acting like it never happened.

Her appetite is good, she loves her raw diet and she takes all her pills without complaint...wrapped in cheese and she begs for more.

Flippy sends :kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2 to all her friends, family and fans.

Mar. 11 and Super Girl is doing super good!!

She started her 5 day round of antibiotics today to help protect her during this time when her white blood cell count will drop.

Flippy's white blood cells should start dropping today and reach the lowest peak on Fri/Sat and then start climbing back up.

She will be getting bloodwork done this weekend to make sure her white blood cells don't drop drastically low. I've already made arrangements to have the vet come out to Flippy's Chariot to have the blood drawn, so she doesn't have to go inside to be exposed to germies. Her immune system will be at it's lowest and I don't want to risk having her exposed to anything.

Super Girl is eating good and all other functions are normal.

She's making this look easy!

XXXXOOO

Edited by AngelWhispers

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers and light to Miss Flippy Doo. :hope:kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thank you for the update, I've been thinking about this little girl.

May she continue on the road to health and to be cancer free

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so glad you posted. I was just about to call and ask how she was doing. Give her a big hug from me and tell her what a wonderful girl I think she is. Way to go Flippy, you can beat this thing. If you need anything Denise, just call.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so glad you posted. I was just about to call and ask how she was doing. Give her a big hug from me and tell her what a wonderful girl I think she is. Way to go Flippy, you can beat this thing. If you need anything Denise, just call.

Ditto from me. I'll send you the pred I have from Florida. Huge hugs and kisses to you both.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Thank you for posting Denise. Kiss the pretty girl for me. You are both in my heart and prayers. I have been thinking of you and looking for an update. :grouphug Miss Flippy is going to do just fine! :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KRKWMU

Glad to hear that she started chemo. Bonnie also got 60 mgs of lomustine for lymphoma. It didn't bother her too much. How often does Flippy have to get it? Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Go, Flippy, Go! :yay You can beat this thing, easy! :D

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Go Flipster! :yay Great thread, Denise, and thanks so much for keeping Flippy's adoring public posted on her progress. She is a fighter...

So far, so good. :) Sending more prayers that it continues this way.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Tippy is sending lots of get well thoughts and bad breath kisses for his sister! You can beat this, Flippydoo!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Thanks for the update. "Whatever Flippy wants, Flippy gets" -- That's the way it should be!!

Sending lots of prayers.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest ladyhound
Tippy is sending lots of get well thoughts and bad breath kisses for his sister! You can beat this, Flippydoo!

More loving kisses (although stinky-breathed like brother Tippys) and positive energy coming from your sister Jade, Flippy. We love you very much, Flippy! You are going to kick cancer's butt, little girl.