Phoenix Fractured His Front Leg

Guest chubbster

Guest chubbster

(last night)

Hi Everyone,

Phoenix fell outside today and fractured his front leg...how ever he is a tripod.

We just received a call from Upenn. Phoenix is very uncomfortable and they have asked if they can sedate him. The called because of the risks regarding sedation, but they feel that the benefits far outweigh the risks, until he is examined by the surgeon.

He continues to try to move around a lot and runs the risk of creating an open fracture.

They kept telling me about what a sweetie he is.

I did ask her if we were being cruel and selfish putting Phoenix through all this.....she said no...but did tell us that the recovery period is going to provide its challenges.

Adam was with us when it happened and obviously is very upset, but has been my brave 11 year old young man, comforting me. Adam actually stayed much more calm that I did. He sat and comforted Phoenix and kept him quiet while I got the van ready and ran to get our neighbor to help us get him in the car. By keeping him so quiet, Adam prevented the fracture from getting worse and possibly becoming open.

(today)

Joe just got off of the phone with our vet, who was conferencing with the surgeon.

They feel 98% likely that it is cancer.

I can't believe that I am writing this.

I can't believe it.

~judy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. I am sick to my stomach Judy. I saw the post about him on the GAA board and got so upset. I went to talk to Dh about it. I haven't stopped thinking about him all day.

I am sick beyond words. Has this boy not been through enough? Why.

I am here for you in whaever way you may need.

More than anything, I hold Phoneix close in prayer and close to my heart.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so very sorry.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh Judy. I am so sorry to read this. I saw the message on the other board and sent you a note there. This is so sad; your family and Phoenix have been through so much.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I just tried PMIng you but realized you don't have enough posts to receive them, so I emailed you at the yahoo address I have from several years ago.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytmonty

Judy I am so so sorry to read this. Many of us know what that poor dog has been through in his lifetime, and what a loving and wonderful home you have given him. I am so sad for all of you.

Guest greydogluvr

This is just heart wrenching. I am so sorry. Words are not enough to express my saddness. You have many people crying with you. Please know prayers and well wishes are coming your way. Big hugs to you all!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you and your family--and Phoenix.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

My heart goes out to you and your gallant beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

OMG. :cry1 Your precious boy has been through so much already. Life can be so unfair. :( Holding Phoenix in my prayers, surrounded by loving light for his highest good. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm really sorry to hear this :(

Thinking of you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!