Polli

RobinM

Several people have been asking me about Polli.

We are 4.5 months post amp today. For the most part, Polli is back to being Polli.

Unforuntately, today is not a good day. She seemed a bit off and that usually translates to quiet. Polli is normally not very quiet at all.

DH told me that she wanted him to pick her up rather than go up the ramp in the backyard. She has never not used the ramp.

She turned down dinner, which is a first in a looooooooong time. All of a sudden, her body started trembling. I immediately gave her 50mg of deramaxx. I called her vet. She said the trembling is pain. I told her that about 10 days ago, Polli over did it running at the ball field and was having a bad reaction to it that night; trembling, panting, etc.

She said I could give her 100mg of tramadol as well so we did. If there is no improvement, I will take her in tomorrow.

We are all praying that it's just a sprain from something she did. She has rear end weakness, neurological issues going on in her spine (does anyone remember the video where she looked like a cat?) and 3 legs.

Not a combo.

I'm scared. :( To see her just laying there is frighening.

Please add Polli to your prayer list.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Polli is ALWAYS in my thoughts, Robin, every single day. I am sure she just overdid it at the ballpark... Nothing can happen to her, nothing... she is going to be alright, she has to be alright.

Sending lots of hugs your way. :bighug :bighug :bighug

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

I know this is redundant, but - keep us posted as often as you can...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

We'll swap prayers, okay? I hope she just played a little too hard and will be back to her ramp-stomping self in no time!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Polli is ALWAYS in my thoughts, Robin, every single day. I am sure she just overdid it at the ballpark... Nothing can happen to her, nothing... she is going to be alright, she has to be alright.

Believe it or not, I have become superstitious. I am so afraid when things are going well; Polli is a nut case, Beau is eating like a pig and gaining, that if I say something... I will give it a kinnahora- yiddish word for jinxing it.

Scary that that is what has happened to me!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest PiagetsMom

Believe it or not, I have become superstitious. I am so afraid when things are going well; Polli is a nut case, Beau is eating like a pig and gaining, that if I say something... I will give it a kinnahora- yiddish word for jinxing it.

Scary that that is what has happened to me!!!

You know, Robin, I just figure no news is good news when we haven't heard from you about your pups. I know you can't help but worry about Polli, but I'm sending good thoughts that Polli will be much better tomorrow! :grouphug

Polli will be ok - Polli will be ok. Sending my prayers, as always.

I have to admit - I'm like you about being superstitious - everytime someone asks about Alan...

Please keep us updated. Hugs to all of you.

Pain meds are a wonderful thing.

She hadnt gone out to pee since 3:30 so at 10:15, we said, let's go pee pee and she got up by herself and went down the stairs by herself (with us close behind) went out and pee'd.

Came in and ate like she hadn't eaten since last night which she hadn't! She put away her usual 1.5 cups of evo/ a large grilled chicken breast, 1 milkbone, 1 nutro biscuit and 2 zukes.

Now, she is resting.

Now, Mommy has to tend to Beau since he is about ready to eat... and so it goes...

Thank you for the prayers.

GTer prayers are the very best prayers there are.

I'm glad she's doing better. But boy nothing is ever nothing anymore is it?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren