Hr's Tasha Dot Sept.22, 1995- Feb. 9, 2009

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Tasha quietly closed her eyes and went to sleep in my arms with the same grace and dignity that she walked through life.

3 years ago we went to GFNC's Autumn Unleashed to vend and to bring home a senior hound. We didn't now who, we just knew someone needed us and was going to come home with us. Dh fell in love with this big beautiful white and blue brindle 10 yo old girl that had been bounced for the 2nd time, through no fault of her own. Both families said their lifestyles had changed and they no longer had time for her so they renigged on their promise to love her forever and returned her to the kennel. I'll give them that much at least they made sure she had a chance to be loved by someone.

So we adopted Tasha and brought her home forever. She never missed a step she walked in, made herself at home and let everyone know she ruled. Tasha's one fault was her space aggression. If she was laying down and you were a hound you had better steer clear and if you were human you just needed to announce yourself and she'd raise her head and let you know it was ok to come sit on her bed and love on her as was proper.

Tasha was such a shmoozer. She was the ultimate M&G dog. She didn't want to lay on a bed and have you come to her she wanted to be up and greeting everyone! After all that's what she was there for. She loved to get dressed up for M&G and with her had , fancy collar bling and donation coat she would collect more than all the other hounds combined! Sadly her back legs betrayed her and even with chiropractic treatments we had to carry her out of her last M&G because she could no longer walk on the slippery floors. As time went on just walking the back yard became a chore and she would take a long time to collect herself when she came in and layed on her bed.

OH how she loved a parade!! The last couple of years the Christmas parade was her one night a year out to great the public. We had a float so all she had to do was lay on her bed and be adored by all who saw her and she was!

Last year she finally decided to try the futon after showing no interest in the furniture for 2 years, it quickly became her new thrown! Last night I slept on the couch and let her sleep in the bed. Even people couldn't sleep with Tasha. Not unless you wanted to get bit in the middle of the night.

Sardines were her favorite food. All I had to say was do you want some stinky fish and her ears would perk and she would be right beside you ready to eat.

She had a good day today. She actually greeted me at the door and was bouncing a little. I had stopped at the local pet store to get some special cookies for Ginny's birthday and I wanted Tasha to be able to enjoy one and celebrate with us. She ate it all up. I almost backed out of my decision, but going out the door her back legs betrayed her again and with her usual dignity she attempted to right herself but I had to help her. She never cryed or whimpered she just excepted my help. I knew I was doing the right thing, but that doesn't make it any easier. I had dressed her in her best hat, collar and bling and off we went for one last ride.

Tasha I hope there is a Rainbow bridge or at least somewhere for you to wait for me. If there is please go find, Dee, Sam , Max and Miss Ellie. Tell them I love and miss them and I'll see all of you when it is my turn to come to Heaven. Run and play sweetie and may you have all the stinky fish your beautiful heart desires.

101_0043.jpg

Momma, daddy and Unca Lee love and miss you already.

:f_red

Edited by greybookends

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GiJenn51

Oh Lori... :cry1 :cry1

I'm so very sorry. That was such a beautiful tribute to your girl. I know Tigger and Cinder were there to show her around the 100 acre wood.

Run with the wind baby girl. :gh_run

Oh, Lori. I am so shocked. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet girlie, Tasha.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:f_red Lori, I'm so sorry it was her time to leave you, but just for now. Beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl.

God speed precious girl and run now with all the Angels, pain free and young once again. Watch over your mom and dad and Unca Lee and all those who love you.

The heavens are graced yet once again

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

rest well, tasha.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 It's wonderful that she got to spend her last few years with such an appreciative family.

Godspeed Tasha.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very sorry. Beautiful tribute for a beautiful soul.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for your loss of Tasha. She was a beautiful girl & had a wonderful life with you. Godspeed Tasha! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest PhillyPups

Lori, I am so very very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to such a lovely lady.

I think Stepper went two days earlier to check it out and be there to greet Tasha and show her around, and how nice it is to run and play again, knowing the back legs will hold them up.

:bighug to you.

The best gift we can give them at this time is their dignity and grace

Run free and whole sweet girl Tasha. :gh_run

Lori, I hope that the special memories your family have of Tasha will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest PiagetsMom
I knew I was doing the right thing, but that doesn't make it any easier. I had dressed her in her best hat, collar and bling and off we went for one last ride.

This just broke my heart......... :cry1

Bless you for being strong for her when she needed you to be - we should all hope that we'll be able to do the same. I'm so very sorry :grouphug