Cairo Is Sick...

Guest makenna25

Guest makenna25

A few days a go I posted concerned Cairo had bloat, he did not but he isn't well.

It all stated about 2 weeks ago, and in those two weeks he has lost about 7lbs and is very lethargic. I finally took him to a vet about 45 min away that sees all the kennel dogs where I adopted Cairo from and after 3 hours in the office, I don't know much, but he needs prayers. Basically, although I am not a vet and I was a little emotional as the vet explained everything, Cairo's white and red blood cells are low, his bone isn't producing replacements as it should... I know there's more that that because the vet wasn't able to give me a diagnosis without more tests. He said it could be an infection, anemia, cancer... also since his blood levels aren't right there is a chance he has it gathering somewhere and it could hemorrhage (although he didn't see anything in the X-Rays). So we are on 24 hour a day watch to make sure if that happens we know and can rush him in. He IS eating now (the vet gave us some special food) so that is good, he needs all the strength he can get.

So, we wait to hear the results. I'm not asking to hear what anyone thinks it is (I have too many scary thoughts in my head), I just wanted to ask you all to pray for him. I will keep you posted as I get information, although that may not be until Tuesday or Wednesday.

DSCN5954.JPG

Edited by makenna25

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely sending many prayers for you and your boy.

Keep the faith.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Prayers for Cairo and his family too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Tons of prayers and healing thoughts on their way to you and Cairo. Feel better soon, baby boy!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest makenna25

Thanks everyone! We are very hopeful that he will get well. He actually just bounded up the stairs better than he has in days... I think the eating more has really helped.

In response to the tick question, they are running all those things in blood tests. The vet asked me about it... I haven't ever seen a tick on him and he is medicated against it. We'll see. Thanks!

I'll keep you all posted! He really is such a special boy!

Sending good thoughts to Cairo - I hope the tests will give you a definitive plan of treatment and he will be feeling better soon.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

More good thoughts for Cairo and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest makenna25

He's doing pretty good today. Ate some food and is pretty peaceful resting. He is going potty (both) and drinking and eating, all good things.

Thanks again everyone. We'll keep praying!!

Here's a pic of him with his brother Strider, and some toys! :) They do love each other!!

DSCN6187.JPG

Edited by makenna25