Mack Raced To The Rainbow Bridge 1/22/09

Guest jeannejj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was indeed a beautiful boy. Godspeed Mack! f_yellow

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

So very beautiful and so very sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry. :(:f_white

:grouphug :grouphug sadhugsmiley.gif

Run free, sweet Mack.

:gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. May he find lots of boxes and shoes to collect as he runs painfree with our greytalk angels.

Godspeed Mack! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful boy. f_yellow

Run free forever sweet Mack.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so sorry. Rest well, handsome boy.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so sorry. Run fast and free and forever young with our Angels sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

8/19/99-1/22/09

Mack, our beautiful Bahama eyed boy, raced to the bridge last night. It still seems like a bad dream. His diagnosis was osteo in the right rear hock joint, and it had spread to his lungs. So, with great love and deep sadness, we released him from pain.

Mack (M's Mainliner) came to us after a successful Grade A racing career at Raynham-Taunton. He dropped a muscle in his rear left leg, was rehabbed, but never achieved his former racing ability. He looked exactly like his daddy, the great Grey Statesman, and had the most beautiful Dutch Bahama eyes. As a matter of fact, at the Greyhound Expo, he won Most Beautiful Eyes. The judge looked at him and said, "Ah, Dutch Bahama." He loved gong back to the track for the fun run at the Expo. He knew where he was the minute we hit the parking lot, and immediately dragged us to the entrance ramp to the track. Having the DVD of those races will let me see him young and beautiful forever. He was one of the most graceful and gentlemanly dogs I have ever known. He always moved with grace, and knew exactly where his body was. Mack was the greatest roacher of all times, and could roach anywhere, anytime.

He came to us not quite a spook, but pretty close. It took him about six weeks to accept my son-in-law, who picked Mack out, and was his owner. But, eventually, Mack came to sleeping with him, and cuddling. Mack was absolutely the most confident of dogs in his home, and was a gentle alpha for the pack. He was a collector, of shoes and empty boxes. He didn't chew the shoes, just collected them. The boxes, however, were subject to destruction. He would trot off with the boxes like a great treasure.

We treasure the time we had with you, Mack. We love you now and forever. Play with Mason.

mack_2_.JPG

Godspeed to you sweet boy, from another Grey Statesman son. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I have tears in my eyes reading this. He was so beautiful, and so clearly loved. Your description of him really brought him to life for me - a true gentleman, loving and loyal, yet playful too. It reminded me of my lovely Renie (who also left us very recently with cancer) because she would trot off with gift wrapping paper in just that way, and would thoroughly and gleefully destroy it and yet didn't kill stuffies or chew shoes. I miss her so, just as you are missing your beloved Mack.

They leave such a hole in our lives, and yet it's worth it because while they're with us they give us so much.

That last gift of love we give them though, that gentle helping them out of the pain, that really rips your heart out, doesn't it? Many hugs to you. :bighug

You wrote Mack a beautiful epitaph. :f_pink

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop