S.j. Bethany

DustysMom

Oh, Beth, if tears and love could have healed you...

You came to us on our anniversary. Within 10 minutes of being here (with the adoption person still here) you managed to fall into the deep end of the pool. Daddy had to jump in with his clothes on to get you. During the next few years you managed to fall into the fountain (can't even imagine how you managed that one!) and again into the pool on multiple occasions. You were VERY timid but finally managed to break out of your shell. I called you our problem child. You were the fourth dog at the time you arrived. You were the only one afraid of thunder, wind, loud noises of any kind, scratched thousands of dollars worth of damage on doors, window sills, cabinetry and had just graduated to walls. You never walked into a room without checking the ceiling fans. They had to remain on if previously on, off if previously off, and you couldn't change the speeds. Any ceiling fan change required a blanket over your head and then you still knew what we had done.

You were the most gentle soul. You allowed four grandchildren (who all arrived after you did) to examine your toes, nose and ears. You never even looked when the bichons jumped on you on the bed because they couldn't see where you were from the floor. You allowed the alpha bichon to steal your treats, eat out of your bowl and just generally be bossy.

Last Tuesday I would have said your were totally healthy. Wednesday you were having some trouble breathing; an x-ray showed fluid in your lungs. Thursday you had an ultrasound which revealed multiple tumors and the vet's feeling that it was hemangiosarcoma. Saturday the diagnosis was confirmed. Even though you would still eat some, you were wasting away. You followed me around just staring at me. When I woke up in the middle of the night, you were laying there staring at me. Tuesday night we did the only thing we could do to help you. We let you go.

You were the youngest of the remaining three. You were only 9. Dusty will be 12 on Saturday and Molly is 15 1/2. We never thought you were be the first to leave us. I miss you so, my little princessa. There is a huge, empty space in our hearts and in our bed.

Run free and find a comfortable bed with lots of throw pillows for you to rearrange for your ultimate comfort.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. Is is so clear from your tribute that Beth was a well-loved girl.

Run free forever sweet girl. :f_red

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry for your loss of Beth. There's no more fear where she is now. Godspeed Beth! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so very sorry for your loss. May you find peace with time.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for your loss. It is difficult to say goodbye to such a cherished friend. May all your memories of Beth bring you comfort. She sounded like such a gentle soul.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest StriderDog

What a loss. I'm sure Beth knew how much you loved her. I'm sure she's waiting at the bridge (which, thankfully has no pools to tumble into.) :sad1

What a touching remembrance. I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Beth.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)