Isis Needs Prayers..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan had an "episode" last week - he hurt his right front paw jumping off my bed and the next day when I got home from work, he knuckled with the right front paw - he could not walk or get up. He was panting, had to be carried out for a potty break. I gave him tramadol and he rested for a day and he slowly improved and is fine now (knock on wood). The vet said it sounds neurological or a disc/neck injury but he got better. Hang in there, sending prayers for Isis. Alan does get acupuncture monthly - more often when his rear leg was knuckling months ago. It helped him.

Good luck and keep us posted.

More good thoughts for Isis! I hope her leg can be treated without any major issues.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Many prays for Isis. I have a doberman with the same name. She is 10 years old and I am constantly praying for her health so I know what you are going through. One day she was holding her head funny and shaking it. My first worry was a stroke. But she is okay now. You two will be in our prayers.

How is she today Greg?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Well, last night she stood and barked at the bed that I lifted her up there and she curled next to me to sleep. There were a few times she woke me up by trying to move around and her back legs just didn't want to cooperate. But she slept pretty solid. I woke up this morning for work and lifted her off the bed and she tried to walk more. The paw wasn't as curled under as yesterday.

I came in from work a couple of hours ago and she is still laying on a dog bed. Hasn't even tried to get up so not sure how her legs are doing. I'm not going to force her to get up. But I am seeing her move her right leg more. I did a pinch test and the right leg has more reaction then yesterday but the left leg not so much. Of course being the Dad I am I have been spending more time on the floor with her. I know what it's like to have a bad hip..Takes me more time to get up off the floor then it does to get down to the floor. :lol Seems we are both getting older. I'll keep lifting her to and from my bed as long as we both can.

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Greg, I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. It sounds very much like what Sugar went though. It started in Sept a year ago, she came in one evening from playing in pain and could barely walk. I won't go through all the details (unless you want to hear :) ) but she ended up with a course of pred, which was repeated when she had a relapse, and Tramadol for her pain. What really helped was acupuncture. She started in late October, and by the end of the year, she was completely back to normal. Now, normal for her was an arthritic 12 yr old, but she could get around, up and down the steps, and even went for short walks. Her passing in July had nothing to do with her back end problems.

Since Isis got "clean" x-rays, I would really encourage you to try acupuncture. It usually takes a few treatments to show improvement, but it works! I can give you the name and number of the vet I used, and I know Spencer's mom has someone else she uses.

:bighug

Hoping she's still holding her own and improving. Give her a big smooch and maybe a bit of ice cream? for me.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We too have used acupunture for both Teddy and Beau. We used to go every week, now it's 3x a month. MAJOR difference!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Looks like Isis is getting better..She is walking around a little more and starting to try to use the leg more. The first few days she hardly got up at all. Now she will get up and slowly come over to me so that is a good sign. But when she stands still she still is a bit wobbly in the rear end. I've been giving her hip massages everyday. Still lifting her up and off the bed at night and mornings. Somehow she got her ear cut so now I am doing more pari-vet work with her.. :lol

Keeping my fingers crossed that she is on the road to recovery. I'll keep up with the massages and the extra daddy lovin'

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Thank goodness! Hope she continues to improve.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'm glad Isis is improving. I went through the same thing with Spencer a few months back. Prednisone seemed to help a lot along with acupuncture. I'll keep Isis in my prayers.

Sending more prayers this morning. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I found as Nevada progressed in age, that I had to start lifting her on & off the bed too. It helped prevent further back issues. I think that she liked the attention too.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

That's great news. Let's hope this is it, and she is on her way to health again. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

And I'm sure the extra daddy loving will help heaps too :):wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.