Black Jack - Absessed Tooth?

bjnno1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's being a good boy and laying next to me right now with his cold nose on my leg :wub: I can actually feel the cold from his nose thru my jeans :lol

I'll make sure to call the vet's office first thing in the morning about the bump possibly busting and see what he says.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

WOW... this website described it to a T and even the drawing of the abcess looks just like Black Jack's

Pet Education.com article

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Sprite had several absessed teeth when she was 9-10yrs. eventually she had surgery and most of her teeth were removed.

She did well during surgery and was like a new dog after she healed.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

That is GREAT to hear!!! :)

Poor little monster, I want to say this is hurting me more than it is him, but it's probably hurting him too :( You'd never know it though by looking at him :)

How's Black Jack doing today? Prayers for him and tranquilizers for you.

Do they come in a 6 pack??? :blink: What a day!!!!

Got off work at 4 (downtown) drove home and picked up Black Jack, took him to the vet (all the way on the other side of town) He's got 2 holes in his mouth and the one hole on the bump on his face that are draining blood and puss :sad1 so he's on Cephalexin 500 mg 2 capsules every 12 hours.

Blood work January 10th

Dental and removal of at least 2 teeth on January 15th

Came home, Major about had a corniary because he missed his (little) big brudder and did zoomies all over the place :colgate Black Jack was glad to see him too :) Had to leave and (once again) go pick out paint for my living room, run to two different pharmacy's because the first one was out of my prescription, and just got home about an hour ago. FINALLY sat down for the first time all day and Black Jack starts yacking up all his food plus tomato's and corn :blink:

Tomato's and corn???? :huh

Tomato's and corn :angry:

Tomato's and corn <_<

:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

So I go out into the back yard with a flashlight and SOMEBODY threw vegetable soup out in my yard (in the fenced in part) Hello....... if you are going to throw something away, PLEASE use the freaking garbage can or at least the other half acre of my yard that's NOT fenced in for the dogs!!!! :angryfire:angryfire

So, I'm sure none of the antibiotics got into his system because he threw them up about 45 minutes after I gave them to him. Oh well.. will try again in the morning, poor guys' been poked and prodded all day, then has to throw up what some idiot left in my yard.

CALGON.........................

BTW... shoulda seen me out there in the dark with a flashlight raking up vegetable soup :angryfire

People suck. Why would someone throw veggie soup into your yard?? Ugh!

Hope Black Jack feels better soon.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

People suck. Why would someone throw veggie soup into your yard?? Ugh!

Hope Black Jack feels better soon.

I'm guessing my dad brought it over to the guy who's working on my house for lunch today and the guy didn't like it and threw it out in the yard :angry: I left a note to please not feed the dogs or throw leftovers out in the fenced in part of the yard just incase <_<

Aw jeeze - that's the last thing you need!

I'm always really concerned about 'food' stuff in my back yard - mostly because it backs up to an alley and you never know what could be thrown over my fence... (I once found a syringe stuck between the fence post and the garage :eek - luckily there was no needle on it, but still)

Poor little man...feel better soon sweetie. Hope it was the food that he ate that made him ill and not the meds...The Flashman got violently ill on Cephalexin. Hug Black Jack for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Aw jeeze - that's the last thing you need!

I'm always really concerned about 'food' stuff in my back yard - mostly because it backs up to an alley and you never know what could be thrown over my fence... (I once found a syringe stuck between the fence post and the garage :eek - luckily there was no needle on it, but still)

OMG :o That's so scary!!!! Good thing you found it.

Poor little man...feel better soon sweetie. Hope it was the food that he ate that made him ill and not the meds...The Flashman got violently ill on Cephalexin. Hug Black Jack for me. :grouphug

Yeah, I think it was the food (I hope) I think he's taken this medication before and did O.K. with it. My vet paperwork is buried in my kitchen right now (Kitchen is under construction) but it looks exactly like what the vet gave him last time.

BJ, just seeing this thread! Hope the boy is tolerating the meds better now - antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Oh geez! If its not one thing its another for you lately BJ! :grouphug

Glad you were able to get BlackJack into the vet! I'll be thinking healing thoughts for his choppers! :hope:heart

BJ.....

First :bighug for you and Black Jack!! Then I have to chuckle a little....you have the strangest things happen!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Thanks guys :) I think a good nights sleep will do us BOTH some good :nod I'm off work tomorrow so the plan :hope is to sleep in!!!!

BJ, just seeing this thread! Hope the boy is tolerating the meds better now - antibiotics can cause stomach upset.

So far so good. Gave him this morning's dose about an hour before I left for work and no sickie... Tonights dose is being digested just fine (gave them about 2 hours ago) but the little monster is on to the pill wrapped up in a piece of cheese <_< My cubbards are bare so had to do it the old fashioned way and open and drop. Of course he got a doggie treat afterwards :) Maj didn't have any problem with the drug-less cheese though :lol

Ran up to the pet store to buy some pill treats but they were already closed so went to Arby's instead :lol Maybe I can sneak tomorrow mornings dose in a roast beef sandwich :lol

Oh geez! If its not one thing its another for you lately BJ! :grouphug

Glad you were able to get BlackJack into the vet! I'll be thinking healing thoughts for his choppers!

Tell me about it. :mellow

Thanks for the healing thoughts :)

BJ.....

First :bighug for you and Black Jack!! Then I have to chuckle a little....you have the strangest things happen!

I swear they need to make a sit-com about my life!!! :rolleyes: or a HORROR story!!!!! :eek

:lol

I sure hope that wish for a good night's sleep came true! Ours was more than a little rocky with all the fireworks! :angryfire Hope the big guy is doing well today! No more "adventures" for a while, ok?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

We snuggled in bed ALL DAY LONG today :) and now are snuggling on the couch!!!! :nod something to be said about having a day off work in the middle of the week and snuggling with your doggies all day long :wub:

So happy to hear you snuggled the day away with each other. Hope he's feeling better soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Let me tell you... Arby's works GREAT for sneaking medicine down them :nod

I went to Arby's last night and today I took the bread with a small piece of roast beef and wrapped it around the pills and sat them on my plate. When Black Jack walked over and started his usual vulture begging routine... I said.. you wanna bite???? and snuck him the Arby's wrapped pills :evil hee hee hee

he gulped them down and never gave it another thought that it was really his medicine :colgate Now I'm gonna have to eat Arby's every day for the next week :lol

It appears that it's starting to heal. :yay

Here are some pics from Tuesday...

On the way to the vet's office....

DSC01156.jpg

Waiting in the exam room.....

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

and just a few minutes ago...

DSC01168.jpg

:wub: