Finally, Misty's Results

:( Certainly KNOT what we were hoping for. :grouphug Now to the business end...this new protocol IS going to work...and you will find some different kinds of food to offer Misty...and she will eat! Hear that Miss Misty Mae???? Don't make me come over there! :rolleyes: Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytmonty

I am sure you have tried lots of different foods for Misty. I hope she gets her appetite back. Does she like smelly things? I am thinking tuna or salmon in a can.

Thanks for the update. Your Misty is beautiful-- reminds me a lot of my little Sissy girlie.

Feel better beautiful silver girlie. :wub:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Potato pirogies - maybe with cheese or bacon if that's allowed? You can ignore the directions and just bake them for 20 minutes from frozen - they get toasted on the outside, soft inside. Cooled down, my pups love them. Even Picky Rickie.

We are also having reasonable success right now with dehydrated sweet potatoes as treats.

Claudia, you are doing everything you can for Misty because you love her so much. I've been thinking about you both a lot, and you're in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oye, Claudia, what a catch 22. What is it on the kidney diet that she cannot eat? Can she eat stinky warm bacon and cooked chicken?

I'll ask our nutritionist at work if she knows of any natural appetite stimulants.

You and Misty are in my thoughts.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest greyt2love

Oh, Claudia, I'm sorry it was not totally good news for Misty ! Just hang in there , she needs you with her, not in the nut house !!!

Miss Misty, please find something you like to eat !! Christmas cookies ????

Another hoping you can get Misty to eat. We are thinking of you and Misty, the sweet girl that she is.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest vahoundlover

Not the news we were hoping for :grouphug I don't remember if this has been said before and with Misty's kidney issues might not be an option but I remember our vet telling us Buster must have his pill in something very fatty. She even said to use butter. Something about the fats and the absorption of the Lysodren.

Not what I was hoping for but I have to say that Dr Stack's article on Cushings does say treatment will likely be twice a week.

Yup....most dogs are treated twice a week. It's the safer way to do it. From my past experience you are right on track. Nevada & I went down this same road. 6 months from now it will seem like a piece of cake to you. The first year really stinks though.....Hugs to you.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Oye, Claudia, what a catch 22. What is it on the kidney diet that she cannot eat? Can she eat stinky warm bacon and cooked chicken?

I'll ask our nutritionist at work if she knows of any natural appetite stimulants.

You and Misty are in my thoughts.

Connie, Misty is on the Hills KD diet and I'm using the NY to stimulate her appetite. If that doesn't do it, nothing will. And please tell Carl we're thinking about him and wishing him luck for tomorrow!!

Not what I was hoping for but I have to say that Dr Stack's article on Cushings does say treatment will likely be twice a week.

Yup....most dogs are treated twice a week. It's the safer way to do it. From my past experience you are right on track. Nevada & I went down this same road. 6 months from now it will seem like a piece of cake to you. The first year really stinks though.....Hugs to you.

And I will hang on to that!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Claudia, I'm sorry you didn't get better results. I hope Misty will be able to eat something on the new medication plan... It's definitely worth a try, anyway, if it helps get the Cushings under control...

Lots of hugs to you and Misty (and to Wayne and Ekko too because I don't want them to feel left out :D )

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Winterwish

Claudia I'm sure you've tried Ensure,but if not,just want to mention that. and as an alternative there's also Clinicare which is the sams type of product but specifically for dogs. Maybe it would be more tasty for Misty?They sell it at my vet's office,so maybe you could get some at the vet?

Was she able to try a few boiled shrimp?

Sending hugs to that sweetie of yours! :dogcookie:bighug

Checking in with prayers and hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Claudia I'm sure you've tried Ensure,but if not,just want to mention that. and as an alternative there's also Clinicare which is the sams type of product but specifically for dogs. Maybe it would be more tasty for Misty?They sell it at my vet's office,so maybe you could get some at the vet?

Was she able to try a few boiled shrimp?

Sending hugs to that sweetie of yours! :dogcookie:bighug

She did Mary, minus the ketchup and tabasco ;)

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless