Courtney Lynn 9/11/93 - 10/23/2008

Guest cronescreatures

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another sweety pie has left us. I am sorry for your loss. Run free Courtney Lynn, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sure left a legacy that will live on. Run with the Angels little girl.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Kay, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Courtney Lynn.

Rest in peace, sweetheart.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest cronescreatures

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. Yes, we will miss Courtney, but I am personally relieved that she did not have to suffer. She was tired, and her systems were starting to fail, and she was beginning to lose her dignity because she was becoming incontinent with her bowels. Courtney was one greyhound for whom image and dignity were very important - to her. It's hard to put into words what she was like, but I do know she didn't like being feeble. She was the real squirrel hunter, and even in the last few months, she would stand on the back stoop and scan the fenceline looking for those pesky critters who DARED to enter HER domain. Never mind that she could not see ANYTHING between the backdoor and the fence, her distance sight was still as keen as ever! If she spotted a squirrel, she would head in that direction, on a slow wobbly backend, and all the other greyhounds would see that she was heading for the fence and then they would look too, and then the hunt was on. Even though she was so much slower than everyone else, and it might take her a whole two or three minutes to get to the right spot, everyone would let her get in the prime spot (kind of like the parting of the red seas, only with dogs instead of water) and take the first sniff and the first bark. She truely was the leader of the pack.

So while we sill miss her, her passing is not a sad thing, but a reason for joy - she is now happy and whole and young again, and having a blast at the Bridge!

What a lovely and touching tribute to such a special girl. She had such style and grace in life and I am sure she is just having a wonderful time at the bridge. I hope she looks for Hobbes so he can show her around.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so very sorry. I am thrilled that you had so much time with Courtney.

What you said "If there had not been a Courtney, there would not have been an adoption group, and a good many more houndies would have had a more difficult time finding their way to the couch." is so very true. I lost my first girl Scarlett almost 5 years ago, after 13.5 years together. Several greyhounds were adopted in NYC because of her. My walker met someone this weekend who had just adopted, and they knew about my Scarlett and my second girl Morgaine. Each of our hounds helps another one find a couch. That is their gift and blessing.

I'm very sorry for your loss of Courtney. :grouphug No matter how many years we have, it is still too short. :cry1 She left an inspired legacy and will never be forgotten. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet girl... :gh_run2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a beautiful girl.

I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project