Riley's Sick

Sending many good thoughts...

When Bounty had his ultra sound the ER vet said she could read it but to get the best info she wanted an internist to review it. It turned out to be irrelevant after the chest films but I understand wanting to give you the right info.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy, I'm sending lots of prayers for you and Riley. Waiting for test results is so nerve wracking!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Still no results :( Riley still has bad diarrhea. The vet told me to feed him yesterday evening b/c he was fasted all morning for the ultrasound. But every bit of food came right out :( He is getting so skinny, and understandably seems starving. I am fasting him for breakfast and will cook something for him for dinner. I gave him Immodium so hopefully he can hold it til I get home from work. Poor baby :(

Guest SoulsMom
:( Soul and I have been dealing with the Big D, but not for nearly as long. I've been concerned about him losing weight too, and he is sooooo hungry.

Oh, Riley! Please hold on to some food, Big Guy, OK? Prayers, hugs and lots of white light going your way. :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending more prayers for our sweet little man. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Still nothing from the vet :( Riley is not feeling well at all. He had one accident when I was at work. I know he must have had to go really bad, b/c he never has accidents. He is such a good boy and went outside on my lanai (deck). His stomach is making the most horrible noises. I want to give him something to eat, but I have to go to class now so I will wait til I get home in case he needs to go out right afterwards. I am going to make him some pasta cooked in chicken broth... I hope he can handle that. It is breaking my heart to see him feeling so bad. :cry1

Guest houndlover
I guess I'm lucky. When Archie had his ultrasound it was obvious right away that the bladder had something quite wrong with it . . . .

I must be lucky too b/c the vet who did the ultrasound for Billy was able to see any problems right away too.

I hope that Riley is feeling better soon. I have been dealing with something similar to this and I can understand what you are going through. Hugs to you and Riley. :grouphug

Ok, I think I'm going to lose it. :crying

I have had my phone right next to me for the past two days, just waiting for the vet to call. I got out of my car to get gas and of course the vet calls right then. I call back literally 5 mins later and the receptionist tells me he left and he's not coming back til tomorrow. I really don't know how vets work, but considering I've spent $800 there in the past week (and regularly bring 3 dogs to them), I would think the vet could leave his cell number, or something?? :(

Ok, I think I'm going to lose it. :crying

I have had my phone right next to me for the past two days, just waiting for the vet to call. I got out of my car to get gas and of course the vet calls right then. I call back literally 5 mins later and the receptionist tells me he left and he's not coming back til tomorrow. I really don't know how vets work, but considering I've spent $800 there in the past week (and regularly bring 3 dogs to them), I would think the vet could leave his cell number, or something?? :(

Yikes! You would think he would have left you a cell number or would call you from his home in the next couple of hours. Especially since your pupper is STILL sick and he knows that you must be going crazy with the 'unknown'. I am so sorry this is happening. :( Sending positive energy that Riley improves soon and that the vet calls you tonight.....