Riley's Sick

Have been so wrapped up in our own craziness with Polli's amputation, that I just saw this.

Sending you loving and healing thoughts for your boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good thoughts being sent from here for lovely Riley :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I hope Riley is feeling a lot better today. Hopefully you will have some answers soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I heard from the vet... nothing alarming in Riley's bloodwork :confetti He seems to be getting some energy back and his eyes have some sparkle. He has not pooped in 24 hrs, which is good. I am happy to hear this news, but still concerned about what could have been wrong.

Thanks so much for all the good wishes, they seem to be working for now :)

More good newssssssssssssss - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :confetti

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:yay Keep feeling better lil man!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

More good newssssssssssssss - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :confetti

I'm with Bev - WooHoo! :confetti :confetti Hope Riley continues to improve. Sending hugs and scritches.

I heard from the vet... nothing alarming in Riley's bloodwork :confetti He seems to be getting some energy back and his eyes have some sparkle. He has not pooped in 24 hrs, which is good. I am happy to hear this news, but still concerned about what could have been wrong.

Thanks so much for all the good wishes, they seem to be working for now :)

Whew... :yay

I'm just reading this for the first time this afternoon - I'm so sorry to hear that he's been so sick :(

:grouphug and hope for his continued recovery and :grouphug for you guys too.

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Riley is not doing so well. His stomach seems ok - no more big D or vomiting - but he is not himself. He is not eating much despite being on prednisone. His coat looks dull and it is usually super soft and shiny, and his eyes look different. He has definitely lost a good amount of weight. I don't know what to do exactly, since his bloodwork came back ok. What can I ask the vet to do now? I am going to go to the store now and buy some hamburger meat to add to his food...

Guest PiagetsMom

Well, it's good news that nothing serious is showing up in his tests.........sending good thoughts your way that Riley will be feeling better tomorrow :grouphug

Riley is not doing so well. His stomach seems ok - no more big D or vomiting - but he is not himself. He is not eating much despite being on prednisone. His coat looks dull and it is usually super soft and shiny, and his eyes look different. He has definitely lost a good amount of weight. I don't know what to do exactly, since his bloodwork came back ok. What can I ask the vet to do now? I am going to go to the store now and buy some hamburger meat to add to his food...

Okay, thinking out loud....He has had a lot of changes in the past couple months. Shaun moved, you moved. Could that be catching up? Your right, he is the softest dog I have ever known. Shanti is getting there, and cursing you every Wednesday as she gets her special bath. What else has changed? Anything? If his bloodwork is not off, I would not panic yet. But be watchful as I know you are. :P My parents will be there Tuesday for a week. I am crushed I won't be there. For the past 20 years, they have not gone without me or my family. :( We miss you!

The Girls

You might want to try him on a product called "Duralactin" which helps the gut to heal up, or even a probiotic which helps older hounds to absorb more nutrition from their food. Keeping your sweet boy in my prayers. :hope:getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.