Riley's Sick

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to try him on a product called "Duralactin" which helps the gut to heal up, or even a probiotic which helps older hounds to absorb more nutrition from their food. Keeping your sweet boy in my prayers. :hope:getwell

Lucy, I have a bunch of Duralactin as Shanti did not do well. I can send it with my parents on Tuesday? You woul have to pick it up at their hotel, but cheaper than shipping! Let me know if you want it. They would bring it for you!

The Girls

Guest poopsie1

Well, it's good news that the blood work is normal but I would definitely check with the vet to see what the next step should be. Continued prayers for Riley.

You know, Riley is a sensitive dog and you have had a lot of changes as already mentioned. Has he started to break out in the staph yet? Chase always did when he was stressed.

I would talk to the vet again. If he were mine, I'd think about something to settle his stomach, just in case that's it. I know others don't always agree, but that's what works here :)

As long as he's not on antibiotic, probiotics are good. I used one in a clicky plastic syringe for Chase and it got him back on track. He loved the stuff.

Hugs to you and your little man. I kow you're worried.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

You might want to try him on a product called "Duralactin" which helps the gut to heal up, or even a probiotic which helps older hounds to absorb more nutrition from their food. Keeping your sweet boy in my prayers. :hope:getwell

Lucy, I have a bunch of Duralactin as Shanti did not do well. I can send it with my parents on Tuesday? You woul have to pick it up at their hotel, but cheaper than shipping! Let me know if you want it. They would bring it for you!

Aw, that's really sweet of you. I don't want you guys to have to go through the trouble though. I can always order probiotics - I don't think they are super expensive.

And right now Riley is on antibiotics & pred so I don't know if he can have it?

I have thought about the cause being the changes in his life, but in reality Riley is very used to moving and changes. We've moved more times than I can count since I've had him. I am sure he does miss Shaun but I don't know why he would all the sudden get so sick?? I was attributing his occasional stomach upsets to that, but I don't know. His skin has been pretty good lately. I have been giving him medicated baths at least once a week.

He was up almost all night again panting and restless - but no upset stomach. He did eventually eat all his dinner last night but it took a lot of effort on my part.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely call the vet tomorrow morning and see what he suggests.

I have to agree with the ultrasound suggestion. It would give you a pretty good idea of what's going on in there.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Continued good thoughts snet Riley's way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I would contact OSU Greyhound Health and Wellness Program and see if they have any ideas. They might have some suggestion on how to proceed.

Does anyone have their email address handy??

Thanks,

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest houndstooth4

Riley was one of the first hounds that I was smitten with on Greytalk! I'll never forget the picture of him in his hoodie! I really hope he's starting to feel better!

Riley was doing much better for a few days - eating well and seemed to have his energy back. He even ran at the park, which has been a rare sight the past few years. But, he developed diarrhea again on Saturday and is still not better. I took the day off from work and I will be taking him the vet again this afternoon. Good thoughts much appreciated!!

Come on Riley!! You're worrying your Mum (and us). Get well soon please :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!